Mobil Delvac 1300 for 4 Cylinder Stock Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2.3L Ford Mustang that my 15 Daughter races at the local asphalt circle track. Is a good brand 15-40 a good alternative to a real racing oil "Valvoline 20-50". RPM's are around 7000. Thanks for any help.

Your daughter has a cool dad.

That sounds like a good application for HDEO 15W-40.

Sounds interesting. Do you have website about your daughter racing? If not, how about a brief rundown on the car and racing and how she's doing in the off-topic forum?

You got a 2.3 ford to hold together at 7 grand!!!! YOU THE MAN!!!
bowdown.gif
cheers.gif

I've raced 4 cylinder modifieds for a few years where you can do a lot more internally, and I would turn them 8200 RPM's every Sat. night. That is with a stock crank, Crower 5.7" Chevy rods, ARP rod bolts, Wiseco pistons with a light weight pin. The heads we use on the modified motors have mechanical cams and cost about $1500 each. When the 2.3 gets over 8000 RPM it really changes pitch and is so loud in the car that even with the radio earpieces in my ears they would ring until the next morning. I'm trying to slowly put together a Dirt Late Model car for myself and it is not done yet because of the sheer cost o the parts. I figured I would build her a 4 cylinder stock car and let her have fun while I am building mine. I'm not an engine man, because I know my limitations, and I've got a good race engine man that builds all of my motors for me. I just feel like it its better to spend time with at track on Sat. then have them out trying to run the streets on the weekends. The stock class is pretty cheap and I would rather spend my money on her racing right now, than sending her to rehab in 5 years because I wasn't around her enough as a kid. No she is not spoiled, because if she wants to race she has to work on the car with me. Grease, skinned knuckles and frustration are a part of learning. I told here if she ever retaliates to someone spinning her out, if she ever throws her Bell helmet she will never race again under my roof. She is not old enough to make the decision about when someone needs a rear bumper adjustment, that will come in time. She has to concentrate on driving instead of did they hit me on purpose. She is fun to hang out with and it is worth all of the ups and downs.

Interesting topic as I just switched my drag race car(440 Mopar) to Delvac 15w40 dino.At last weeks race I noticed that it didn't "thin down",it maintained very good oil pressure after a run.I spin my engine to 6800 rpm's and I'm right at 200 degrees at the end of a run.I think it will work very well in your application.

BTW,I think that having your daughter involved in racing and showing her the ropes says that you are a good parent.I hope you and your daughter have the best time being together and I know she will appreciate the "skinned knuckles" later in life!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back