Favorite Racing Gasoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that ConocoPhillips owns the Union 76 brand, 76 racing fuels are no longer available. Has anyone here found a good replacement, especially for the 108 octane unleaded.

Sunoco and Phillips 66 are all we have available around my area. With Sunoco, you can get aup to 108 octane I believe, but only at local racing venues, but certain Phillips stations in my area sell 100 octane unleaded at the pump, which RULES!!!!

There are some Clark stations in the suburbs that stock 104, but that's the highest you'll see around here while not at a race track.

we used to buy sunoco where i worked, and occasionally even bought the 116 octane stuff. even their unleaded seemed to work really well.

however, it's imperative the drums are resealed properly after every use. i don't know the chemistry or what's involved, but the one time i left a drum open for a few days we had to throw the rest of the drum out because it caused cars to miss and be way down on power.

-michael

burnout.gif
Sunoco 260 its blue and it used to melt the floats I'm told.
shocked.gif

I do not use it now, but if your CR is less than 13:1, 100LL is an excellent GAS for drag racing based on 3 years experience. The best value for drag race fuel is still methanol. end of story...
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back