Fram HP oil filter opened up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at that engineering of a filter. Its remarkable, unbelievable. Yeah, it just plain sucks. And you wonder why ppl hate fram on here
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
The whole idea behind the Fram HP series is the
burst strength of the can the filter sets in .

The thicker can makes it harder to cut open, so your eyes are shielded against the crap element inside the can
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Harley:
i had one of the hp filters that made a scraping sound when i shook it after taking it off. POS cardboard endcaps deteriorated, leaving the filter media to slosh around inside the can. their engineers should be shot.

More likely the accountants and marketing people. The engineers are doing what they are told.

i had one of the hp filters that made a scraping sound when i shook it after taking it off. POS cardboard endcaps deteriorated, leaving the filter media to slosh around inside the can. their engineers should be shot.

quote:

thats what that screen on the bypass is for =) hahah

so marketing and accounting is choosing the manufacturing materials? i guess the customer service reps are overseeing quality control then.

quote:

so marketing and accounting is choosing the manufacturing materials? i guess the customer service reps are overseeing quality control then.

More like the engineers said "hey, we designed this filter to use metal endcaps which means it will cost XX amount to manufacture this filter", and then the financial department said "thats too much money, find a way to make the filter cheaper", and the engineers said "well, we could try using cardboard for the endcaps but.. ", "good. done. sell it." said the financial department.

grin.gif

The screen on the bypass is interesting....but it makes me wonder. I suppose it flows enough oil and is really there for cold oil flow
dunno.gif
, but let's say the filter has some mung on it and goes into by-pass - won't the mung just clog that screen?.....maybe at that point that's the least of your worries....
blush.gif
mad.gif
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back