your opinions and ideas please...20/50 vs ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like your opinions/comments/suggestions on what oil to use on a nitrous assisted small block chevy. Do I stay away from multi-vis oils? straight weight oils? what is the best racing dino oil? what synthetic to use? when should I switch to synthetic oils? would using synthetic oils not let the rings seat if I use the Total Seal dry film lube? your thoughts are appreciated.

I dont know much about these engines, but I think that any 15w-40 HDEO would be a good bet...
I dont think 20w-50 oils have any good use anymore; the HD engine oils are so robust and protect so well. Plus you ahve a whole variety of heavy and light syntetics that do real good too. As for the 15w-40s, Theyre pretty tough, and can put up with a lot, while keeping everything nice and clean inside.
Synth M1 15w-50 is a good oil for real high stress situations, and delvac 1 5w-40 is probably the best oil on the market, if youd like to go with a lighter synthetic to eek out every HP, while still protecting as absolutely best as you can.

JMH

[ March 15, 2004, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: JHZR2 ]

I run Scheaffers 20/50 blend in my nitrous small block Chevy motor. We make 750 to 800 HP on the juice. We also use it in our Extreme Street Pro Nitrous big block making over 1100 HP, 400 of which is via the nitrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back