Kendall 20W-50 UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew a lot of people who used to run this oil. Why is it obsolete now quick_16? Did they stop making it or is the formula now "SL" Catalytic friendly?

My understanding is the Co was sold/merged a few times and moved manufacturing locations as well. For sure the new brew looks, smells and feels fare different than the old green #7138. It's too badd for them, as I know that change lost about 95% of these race customers.

Perhaps this is some of the detail you seek???

I received this from a Brad Penn rep.

Thank you for your inquiry on our Penn-Grade™ 1 Racing Oils. To give you a little bit of history, Kendall lubricants were refined at our Bradford refinery from 1881 to 1997. In 1997, the Kendall name was sold to Sunoco. Since then, the Kendall name has been sold to 76 and I believe now, Phillips/Conoco owns the rights to the name. At the same time, American Refining Group, Inc. (ARG), a privately held energy company headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, purchased the old Kendall refinery in Bradford, Pennsylvania from Witco Corporation.

kendall still makes a NITRO 70 motor oil, made for engines running nitro methane. might want to check it out. autozone has it, might still be green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back