K&W nanotechnology head gasket repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that it is nothing more than one of the latest iterations of the "mechanic in the bottle" preperations that sometimes works and often doesn't for attempting to get by with sealing blown head gaskets or cracked heads.

It won't hurt to try it, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't. Most of the time it doesn't.

Thats kind of what I was thinking too.

But I'm going to have to try something here until I can afford to fix it right.

After doing some searching around here the GM tablets seems to be whats popular.

thanks,vince

Has anyone tried this stuff yet?

Or should I try the GM tablets,and can these be used with green anti-freeze?

I've got a head gasket that is starting to seep and just can't afford the repair right now.

thanks,vince

I'd test the oil to see whether you have coolant in the oil so you can gauge bearing,ring and piston damage.

If the motor stumbles when you start after sitting overnight you have enough coolant on the piston to short the plug and may bend valves since water won't compress when it tries to fire. Still best to determine amount of leak so you know what costs above a usually $700-800 head gasket fix your continued driving risks.
Also to gauge when the leak is increasing. Listen for heater gurgle as that is air leaks on the head that create additional hot spots on the head and more gasket damage. If you get the hot gas leaks and gurgles, GM pellets and whatever gasket in a bottle aren't going to help on those pressure leaks.

No gurgles yet. Its seeping down the back of the block. Its going to need a head too I'm afraid.
From what I hear is this head on the 250 chevy motor seem to crack. Just my luck.
Oh well hope I can save enough $$$$ before it blows.

thanks vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back