Can I use Honda coolant in my Nissan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two gallons of OEM Honda coolant that I can dilute and make up to four gallons of Honda coolant. I no longer have a honda, I have an 01 Nissan Altima now, can I use the Honda OEM coolant in the Nissan Altima? Are Japanese coolants interchangeable?

quote:

Originally posted by wymi:
I have two gallons of OEM Honda coolant that I can dilute and make up to four gallons of Honda coolant. I no longer have a honda, I have an 01 Nissan Altima now, can I use the Honda OEM coolant in the Nissan Altima? Are Japanese coolants interchangeable?

Honda coolant must always be used pure: undiluted straight out of the jug. I do not have a Honda, but I use Honda coolant all the time. They say it will eat the lead solder in my non-Honda radiator, but I disagree. So far so good. Radiator still A-OK.

Honda coolant is a silicate-free coolant that can be used in any vehicle. Conventional coolant contains silicates that can be harmful to aluminum components and reportedly some gaskets. Using Honda coolant in a Nissan would be no problem.

Honda sells both pre-diluted and straight concentrated coolant. Assuming you have the concentrate, you can dilute it 1:1 with water. You should use distilled water, not tap water.

My friend just put some of the magic blue Honda coolant in his 99 Maxima tonight, as I was putting some in my 01 Civic. So far everything's A-OK, I guess it's quite common for Nissan guys to run Toyota Red and Honda Blue.

I don't see a problem with using Honda coolant in other makes of vehicles.

Besides using it in my Acura, I have it in my Yamaha and Ducati motorcycles. As soon as it comes time to flush and fill, it's going in both the Chevys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back