Silicone Spray - least cost source

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Prestone Brand Silicone high visicosity spray in the yellow cans for years to keep marine engine compartments and other metal/rubber surfaces looking like new. Used to buy this in Wallmart or Meijers for 2-3 dollars for a approx 12/14 ounce spray can. No longer able to find it at those stores so question is. Any other chain stores selling Prestone Silicone Spray or can you buy gallon containers of silicone and use pump spray bottle somewhere like WD 40. Hate to change what has worked for years. My 10 year old jet ski looks like new with nothing more than liberal applications of silicone spray on all surfaces in engine compartment. No rust or corrosion event though standing water is usually in hull from april to november.

Thanks

No comment on the cheapest silicone sprays since I don't use them much. If you want one that works really well though and actually lasts, try DowCorning 557.

http://www.dowcorning.com/applicati...g=00001016&prod=02410885&type=PROD&notag=true

It's available at industrial distributors and places like bearing suppliers.

The stuff is amazing and lasts forever compared to the cheap silicone sprays. An example, the seal around my garage door. It sticks to the door and a coating of the cheap silicone sprays would last only a few months before it would stick again.

An application of the 557 lasts literally *years* Just be careful of the solvent carrier. It's naptha and will remove some paint finishes...
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back