Seafoam Deep Creep

Status
Not open for further replies.
The label says how Deep Creep is Seafoam in an aerosol spray.

How well does it work to bust loose frozen nuts?

Does it have any lubricating properties?

Can I use it to decarbonize combustion chambers?

What have yall used it for?

I have used it to de-carbonize combustion chambers, (took the PCV valve off the hose and squirted it through the hose with the engine running).
Squirted it on some frozen exhaust manifold nuts on a 1948 "D" model Case tractor, stepped out for a smoke, came back in the barn and they came off like I had just put them on, (I was impressed).
What really impressed me was using it on my daughter's car. The carbon was baked on inside the oil filler cap so hard I could barely scrape it off with a knife. Turned the cap upside down, squirted it with some Deep Creep, let it sit for about 20 minutes, and wiped it CLEAN with a rag. I'm sold on the stuff!

I squirted it through the PCV line for about 20 minutes. I sprayed until the engine began to "load up" or "stumble" and then would let off until it cleared out, then do it again. Same thing, sprayed until it loaded up, let off and did it again. Be sure and hold onto the can with one hand and the little red plastic extension spray tube with the other. My fear there was that it would get sucked into the PCV line.
When you do this, you'll produce clouds of white smoke out the exhaust pipe.

just as a side note - I did this on my daughter's '95 Saturn SC1, 1.9 liter four banger. When I bought the car, it burned a quart of oil every 600 miles. I've done the "Deep Creep Soak" a few times on the "Purple People Eater." Oil consumption is now down to around one quart every 1400 miles.

I've used Seafoam for many years and the aerosol Deep Creep for the past year or so and enjoyed everything it did for me. HOWEVER, I got my hands on some Amsoil Power Foam and am converted. PF IMO seems to break down debri faster and cleaner than Seafoam.

I use Deep Creep. I heard about it a few years back right before I was about to go on an 80 mile bike trip.

When I got home after the trip I sprayed some WD-40 on a rusty bolt to try to get it loose, no budge, I couldn't find my pyroil penetrating oil so I grabbed some deep creep from the store, tried to see if the WD-40 got it loose yet again, but no avail, sprayed the deep creep and off it came!

I've used it ever sense, I gave away my WD-40, that stuff is junk, no lubricating properties, seems to be a simple solvent. I do believe that it lubricates well and doesn't dry up. It's the best spray lubricant in my mind and many people I know also believe the same. I use 4-in-1 super oil for when I don't need a spray lubricant.

Tried the Amsoil Power Foam out in the Impala. It does a much better job than anything else I've ever used. The foaming action helps keep it in contact with the upper parts of the manifold.

I removed the intake elbow so I could get directly to the throttle body, and spayed it in, repeating several times, with everything getting cleaner with each application. When I was satified it was clean, I put the tube in front of the throttle blades and tightened everything up. It was hard getting the car started again, but it finaly did and blew plenty of smoke out the back for a minute or so. I then ran the rest in, as per the instruction.

Honestly did not notice much difference, but it is a big V8, so it takes a lot to notice things... I am satisfied that the stuff works as advertized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back