Discuss AeroKroil (Kano Labs)? Not much discussion on it here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

I wanted to discuss AeroKroil from Kano labs. I have been using it quite a bit mostly on rusted parts and also as a light lubricant/rust preventative. It seems to work very well as a penetrating oil to break stuff free and it has a little bit more oil/lube that PB Blaster. I can't really judge it on lubrication or rust prevention. I do know that WD-40 stopped a bind in a steering cable on my Jetski and the Aerokroil did not. I don't know Why or HOW but it did. It only lasted for a while but it stopped the binding (I was trying everything I had, that is the only reason I tried the WD-40... I was going to have replace the cable anyways)

I'd like to stir up some discussion about how it compares to PB Blaster, Penetro 90, Mobil 1 synthetic spray, and Boeshield T-9.

I'm really interested in expanding my collection..er SELECTION of oils and sprays for the winter when I am bored.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

Thank you,
Seth

The only thing I know about Kano labs is that everytime they send a order form to me they ask for my company name and state that they do not sell to private individuals. Since I'm not a company I have not placed a order with them.

So if they'd like to operate in a normal fashion I'll try some and give you my opinion.. but until then I'll just use OTC spray lubes and drive on.

I have been using Kroil for more than 25 years, and the aerosol cans -- "AeroKroil."

I don't go through a lot. I am still working on a gallon can that has the date on it when I got it . 1986. It's still working fine. I would go through the can faster, except I like the aerosol cans and tend to reach for those.

It always loosened what I have needed loosened. Even exhaust systems. I spray it on anything questionable before loosening.

I had never heard of PB Blaster until here at BITOG. Haven't tried it.

I recently got a spray can of Penetro 90. I will be comparing that against the Kroil, but haven't yet. Looks like the Penetro is a lubricant also. It may compare to Kano's SiliKroil.

I hadn't had a problem ordering it. I don't remember if I gave them a Company name or not. Maybe that's something new... "not labeled for consumer use" or something ?

I know it has a good sized following in the competition shooting circuit for use as a bore cleaner/ rust shield.

Never used anything better. I buy at machine shops, motorcycle shops, etc. Consider it as number one, everything as a choice farther down the list.

I haven't compared it as a penetrant against LC, but am VERY pleased with the actions of both.

My grandfather used to bring this stuff home when he worked for Allied Chemical years ago. I ran thru my last can several years ago and haven't seen it since. From what I recall, it's every bit as good a penetrant as PB, maybe a little better, and it had a very interesting smell. If it was more readily available, I'd buy more, but for me the PB works good, and is a LOT easier to get.

I have ordered the "spray can assortment" that they offer, it's been a few years since I bought it but not only is Kroil the best penetrating oil that I know of, their silicone, belt dressing, etc. are also excellent.

the local NAPA store carries Kroil, and I have seen it in mail order catalogs but which one exactly escapes me.

I think I gave them the company name of my regular employer, they did not have any problem selling to me. I mailed in a check and they processed it, this was a while ago, but there was no problem.

I wonder if anyone has compared Kroil to PB Blaster, which also has a good reputation and is available at WalMart

Pardon me for replying to myself - you can buy Kroil by mail-order from Eastwood, and probably other similar outfits.

I noticed some posts of people "not being impressed" with Kroil - as far as I know it's sold as a penetrating oil, not as a general lubricating oil, and I would recommend something else (like "Tri-Flow") for door hinges, chains, etc.

i just got some this week. Never used it before so I'll see.

It is buy one get one free now at the Kano labs website. No problem getting it for an individual.

I like Kroil. Good aftershave, too
grin.gif

I never had any trouble buying it as an individual.

Sometimes there is no lube at all that will save your bacon. Maybe that's why I pretty much use antisieze on anything that I know will be nasty for future work.

Somehow PB Blaster is a bit better for rusty/crusty stuff, but Kroil get into overtorqued fasterners better (not saying how much it helps...but).

At the power plant I worked at the mechanics used it, it was nicknamed 'panther **** ' I suppose because of the smell.
grin.gif
It seemed to work ok.
John

Just used it this weekend to free a rusted-on rotor. Banged on it for 10 minutes with a dead-blow, and would not come off.

Sprayed with AeroKroil and waited a few minutes. Came off with one bang and a lot of rust flakes!

I get my supply from the local FBO. Most General Aviation supply houses carry either AeroKroil or MouseMilk.

Lots of guys in the rifleshooting sports use Kroil as a bore cleaner. It does a good job on powder fouling, and slowly cleans deeper if you leave it in the bore.

www.midwayusa.com had the cans on sale for March (better hurry) for 3.49 per can (half price).

Dan

Saturday a freind came over to help me remove and replace the front clip on my 96 Caprice bear my climate in mind and 160K miles. He was more than impressed with the Kroil, he kept trying to fight fasenters and I would get in his way with the spray can and he would be amazed. I meant to try the LC as well but did not get to it, the aerosol just made the Kroil easier to use so I did not bother with the LC. I am however looking for the prefect spray bottle to try LC with. PB I like well enough too and availablility is good.

I have used it ,its good ,,,Lubrication Enginners make a better spray,,2059 monolex,,or Schaeffer Pentro-90,though its slow at rust ,,re app will help,,,,better than ?????,,,BL

I'm a maintenance tech at a plant that makes steel cord that is used to make steel belts for tires and I can tell you they are VERY strict on what lubes we can use around here because of rubber adhesion concerns. Sadly, synthetics are a big no-no here for that reason. But aparently Kroil actually helps in adhesion so we all carry a can in our tool bags and order it three cases at a time. We've even got a five gallon bucket of it in our grease cage.
smile.gif

I've got a good test for Kroil first thing tomorrow morning. I have some large iron pulleys that are in use and have been exposed to the elements for 7 years and have never been removed. I sprayed them really well today so that they can soak overnight. We'll see how easily they come off tomorrow.

I use Kroil for cleaning my guns but I use Penephite (kroil with graphite) for everything else. Excellent stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back