opinions on Rust Check ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Hi,

I've encountered a full line of rust protection products here

If employed @ their facilities they give [virtually] unlimited warranty.

any opinions ?

TIA
New

quote:

New:
I've encountered a full line of rust protection products here
If employed @ their facilities they give [virtually] unlimited warranty.
any opinions ?

There is no information at all about what this product is.

Searching the Internet what little I can find on it sounds like the original Ziebart, which in turn was very similar to waxyol.

The original Ziebart gave a lifetime warranty, too. See any 20 year old Ziebarted automobiles?

You're right, I could not find much myself. The only msds is for Coat & Protect and kindof incomplete.
frown.gif

Anyway, I decided to give it a try. Bought rust inhibitor, coat & protect and rust killer.

Rust Inhibitor looks a lot like ATF. Almost same color, viscosity and waxy feel. I have used it on the door hinges and it hangs on pretty well on the metal. After "testing" the flash point on my stove I sprayed some on the engine block. We'll see what happens on the long run.

Coat & Protect is supposed to be the [stronger] jelly version of rust inhibitor. Shake well before use. Does not dry out so it looks somewhat gooey on the hinges. Better use it in not so visible places like under the car.

Rust Killer is a paintable rust inhibiting primer. I'm going to use it on my [slightly rusted] wheel hubs. Then paint over it.

[ September 21, 2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: New ]

From what little I know....Rustcheck is a process that people in Ontario get done to their vehicles every year to try and seal out the copious amounts of salt their roadway planners use on the roads in the wintertime. (My wife, who is from Thunder Bay gets on my case about it around this time every year; her family swears by it.) I've seen Rustcheck products at Canadian Tire for sometime and I think my brother tried their primer on his '85 Toyota pickup....it didn't work all that well (though maybe he didn't prep it properly).

I think the original rustcheck "stuff" was some kind of parafin based liquid they'd squirt into crevices in your car to try and keep water and salt away from bare metal.

Greg

(and if I'm wrong, please school me; I've been curious about this stuff for a long time)

My parents have a 21 year old car with "Rusty Jones" and its rusting. The gas tank has a rust hole in it too.

I see that this is an old topic, but I'll put my 2 cents in anyway.
A good friend ran a Rust Check here in Ont., and the stuff does work. Their personal vehicles were good examples of what it could do. They had 10-15yr old chev trucks with not a speck of rust on them.
The red stuff works like magic as a penetrating oil too.
I did see them cover repairs on a used-warranty Blazer that was rotting pretty badly from the inside. They figured the rust was already there when they first sprayed it, but didn't see it. They paid with no hassle.

I know of a person that rust proffed his pick up truck with Schaeffers 199 Silver Streak 199 wire rope lubricant,over 8 years ago and NO RUST,he swears by ,and I have it on my Nisson,though it was uned when i bought it,,some real interisting stuff.BL

I was just going to say the same.. Check out www.krown.ca Same idea as RustCheck, oil that seaps into creases and bonds to the metal preventing moisture from rusting it yadda yadda yadda. I've used both with good results (RustCheck in the past and Krown currently - both whole car treatments by an authorized dealer), but I do know Krown is endorsed by the Automobile Protection Agency www.apa.ca If you car, I think the RustCheck smells better.

And both will have people ****** off at you when you drive down the road smoking like mad as the protection burns off of the exhaust system.

Whoever sprays rustproofing on exhaust systems is a moron. I do my own rustproofing, and even I know to cover up the exhaust and brakes before spraying.

quote:

Originally posted by Kestas:
Whoever sprays rustproofing on exhaust systems is a moron. I do my own rustproofing, and even I know to cover up the exhaust and brakes before spraying.

LOL! And when you do it no spary get on the exhaust headers and the piping underneath the vehicle?

With my set up it's not that difficult to aim it where you need it. It helps to wrap the exhaust in newspaper before spraying. Though I'm not perfect, my car isn't one of those smoke comets going down the freeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back