rust remover/protectant in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Hi,

I've read your postings about rust removers/protectants but I could not find any in Canada (except for WD40...).

The issue is: my wheel hubs are a little rusty. I'd like to do something about it. I mean clean up the rust and delay it's return.

Any suggestions ?

tia
NEW

Wire brush / sand them or blast them then use a little LPS-3. It's a long term rust inhibitor a little less viscous than cosmoline. Available at Acklands.

Get ahold of some stuff called "Gibbs" (search for Gibbasize) and a wire brush. It's some funky stuff.

How about Permatex Rust Treatment? Permatex Undercoating ?
I've seen the former @ Napa.

I sanded down the rusty parts on my old wheels and sprayed the entire wheel with Hammerite in aluminum finish. Its been over 1 1/2 years and no more rust, plus the wheels look halfway decent.

Jon mentioned "Gibbs" in a post above. The official site for it is www.gibbsbrandlubricant.com
The inventor is a rather shy guy in Florida and his friend Billy Grubbs is the primary distributor. You can call him at 800-659-2421.
He is one of those good 'ol south'rn boys who is a wealth of information. His specially is into guns and machinery.
I personally am a consumer of the product and have come to swear by it. Rust is a real problem here. They don't call us "webfeet" for nothing..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back