Where can I buy Mobil 1 Spray Lubricant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

I want to try Mobil 1 spray lubricant, because I don't really believe in WD40. But it seems that no one has it. Site sponsor avlube have it listed, but they run out of it and there is no price or specific date they might get it.

Is it really worth it? I don't want to pay $8-10 for a GM non-synthetic spray again, although it’s extremely good in my opinion (or at least was the last time I used it).

Wouldn't be it easier and cheaper, as well as without any disadvantages to go and buy SuperTech Spray Lubricant or SuperTech White Grease Spray? Has anyone tried those?

Thanks,

Titanium-Alloy,

I have some of the Mobil spray and I like it very much.

I bought my can at AutoZone a couple of years ago. Itsa good spray.

I might actually try Penetro 90.

What smell does Penetro 90 have? How large is the can? What is the color(of spray not the can)?

Thank you,

Unfortunately, Mobil has decided to limit marketing of its Mobil 1 spray. I have been trying and trying to obtain it for re-sale, to no avail. It is a great product, with a fully synthetic base stock which is extremelly stable, which means it does not draw dust and dirt unto itself or the component being lubricated and lasts and lasts.. Plus works to 40 below or 200 above.... However, finding it is *the* problem.....
George

If Mobil doesn't attract dust this is the product I'm looking for. GM spray lubricant from dealers is a good product but it attracts dirt in large amounts, especially when used on door pivots and hinges. I find it really bugging.
I have no idea why Mobil doesn't market their spray widely. Being such a huge company with a relatively good reputation I would think that wouldn't be a problem for them. Yet I don't see anything except motor oils from Mobil available in stores like Walmart or Costco there price is more or less acceptable. Places like Kragen, AutoZone, and Napa which sell pruducts not available in large stores charge way above. Online shopping is not very attractive - shipping charges, delivery time, and sometimes price is very close to local stores.

[ October 10, 2003, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Titanium_Alloy ]

quote:

Originally posted by Titanium_Alloy:

I have no idea why Mobil doesn't market their spray widely. Being such a huge company with a relatively good reputation I would think that wouldn't be a problem for them. Yet I don't see anything except motor oils from

I've had good success marketing Amsoil's MP at gun shows, also give some can away to prospects sometimes.

[ October 20, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: msparks ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back