Layer the ICE..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
I bought the TW ICE about 2+ months ago,
and thought it was great, but I was kinda disapointed on it lasting ability.
I think I have figured out why.
I put one coat of ICE on my entire car, and buffed it off, then on only half of the car I put another coat on , and buffed that one off.

Well it has been raining here far 8+ days, and the double waxed side still looks polished and great, no rain spots, no road grime.
The other side has the road grime all over it. It definetly looks like the ICE has washed off.,

So from now on I am going to apply 2 maybe 3 coats of the stuff, I find it is such an easy product to work with already,
ciao

I do the same, one coat of TW ICE and one coat of Stoners Bead Max, great shine and beading for 4-5 months.

I just tried ICE today. I have a very nice shiney well kept 02 Camaro V6 in dark navy blue metallic. This has been by far the easiest wax job Ive done, and I did it twice in maybe 20 minuts tops. I enjoyed it, in the hot sun, and the results were great.

Thanks guys!
smile.gif

You should really read the directions first before layering, as all the sealants I've used (online purchases) need at least 12hr or more to cure and then can be layered.

quote:

Originally posted by nicholas:
Hey guys
I bought the TW ICE about 2+ months ago,
and thought it was great, but I was kinda disapointed on it lasting ability.
I think I have figured out why.
I put one coat of ICE on my entire car, and buffed it off, then on only half of the car I put another coat on , and buffed that one off.

Well it has been raining here far 8+ days, and the double waxed side still looks polished and great, no rain spots, no road grime.
The other side has the road grime all over it. It definetly looks like the ICE has washed off.,

So from now on I am going to apply 2 maybe 3 coats of the stuff, I find it is such an easy product to work with already,
ciao

I use the eagleone nanowax spray and have to put on 2 coats for it to last a while. it seems the spray on waxes dont last as long as the regular stuff.

I have serious doubts that ICE can be layered.
I may be wrong, but I just don't think that kind of product will truly layer.

Scott

I've used ICE on a couple of cars, and ICE is better than I expected.

And a little goes a long long way

It needs while to dry before I buff it off or it streaks...but it is super easy to apply and it seems to last for at least 3 to 4 weeks.

It may not be as good as the cult boutique waxes, but it is good enough for me for summer use.

3 weeks, thats it?

I'm trying the collinite 845 now - found it at advance-auto.

The ICE probably lasts longer than that, but I don't want to give it credit for lasting a long time unless I'm sure.

The strong point for ICE is that it is easy to apply and it doesn't leave white junk in the hard to clean places...and its easy to apply near plastic and rubber trim.

Collinite is usually long lasting stuff...we used to use Collinite Insulator Wax.

Mine has lasted 2 weeks in baking hot sun and pouring rain. When I say lasted, I mean it actually beaded water perfectly in that time even after I washed the car.

Also, it might not layer, but I put on 2 coats the first time to make sure it was truly covered and I didn't miss a spot. It's so easy to put on, why not? It takes very little.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back