Wurth Rubber Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried this stuff? Wurth Rubber Care Gel Stick

I got it from AutoGeek, but I've seen it cheaper elsewhere.

The name is a misnomer. It's a thin liquid in a container with a foam applicator kind of like shoe polish.

The ingredients are listed as Isoparaffinic hydrocarbons, beeswax, and paraffin oil. It is silicone free, and leaves the weatherstrip feeling like a new one, not sticky or dry, just like new rubber.

Not as good as the original gel like BMW Gummi pfledge which, sadly, is no longer available.
Even so, it is the best alternative I have found.

Not the same as the BMW product. The Einszett product is thin and water like. I have it and do not like it.

The BMW product was gel like. No comparison. Thanks anyway.

Yes, I used to use Wurth Rubber Care but the one in the aerosol can. I quit using it after I using 3M Rubber and Tire Treatment. Actually, I use mostly 3M products because I know that they spent some serious dough for R&D.

Abimanyu, is the 3M product a gel, spray etc? Do you use it on door seals?

I heard that GM makes a silicone emulsion that is white/clear in a 5 oz bottle that is recomended to keep door seals soft.

Thanks,

Russel, yes you can use the 3M on door seals,tyres,rubber parts in your engines,etc. I like it because it is silicone-free and doesn't attract dust. But I don't know where you can get it in the U.S. I lived there for 10 years and I've never seen any Professional Formula 3M on any store shelves. There are a couple of internet retailers that do carry 3M products and you can search car care specialties and I do think they carry the 3M rubber care.

Abimanyu, thanks for the reply.

I think I found the 3M stuff on the web. Also,NAPA autoparts in the uS sells a lot of 3M products. Will take a look in one of their stores. Also auto paint and body shop suppliers may have it.

Hope it will work out for you! I used to use different brands for different purposes but 90% of what I use right now are from 3M. You will also notice that 3M lists the pH for every products and the active ingredients.

3M Shampoo, 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, 3M Swirl Mark Removers for Dark or Light, 3M Paste Wax, 3M Finesse-It II Polish, 3M Mild Rubbing Compound, 3M Tire Cleaner, 3M Gloss Enhancer, 3M Scented Vinly Car. Except for leather, I use Lexol pH cleaner and condioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back