what Before "Wax as you dry"....??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Tbird (light denim blue) hasn't been washed or waxed/polished for a long time; it's dirty, but the paint is in pretty good condition.

I was thinking of washing it, and using the "Wax as you dry".

BUT:
### is it ok to use "Wax as you dry" after such a long time of not washing/waxing etc?
Should I wax the car using a "regular" wax before starting to use WAYD as maintenece-care?

### or can I start using ti directly?

if a regualr was before going to WAYD is recommended, which brand can be good?

Thanks!

You can use the Wax As You Dry and it will definatly look better than it does now. You can expect the wax to last about as long as the freshly washed look lasts.
smile.gif

As for what to use, most of that is personal preference. I like Meguiar's products so I would probably use NXT paste wax. Others will recommend Zaino or something different, I'm sure you'll be happy with anything you use. It's all a matter of how much time you plan to spend on it and if you plan to maintain it once you get it cleaned up.

I love "WAX As-U-Dry". I use it and similar(quick detail) products each time(or every other time) after washing my cars.
Once the car is washed, I then dry it completely(Cal.Water Blade then towel dry). I always leave my drying towel soaking in a bucket of hot water(with a tiny splash of fabric softener) while I am washing the car. Then, using my damp drying towel, I apply "WAX As-U Dry" either on the towel itself or on the painted surface and go over the cars painted surface(including flat black and plastic) as if I were drying the car again. The car always looks waxed. Great for winter, because you can't apply wax in the colder weather. Darker paints such as black and navy blue may show some streaks which will need some extra lite buffing, but no big deal!

If it were me I would probabley wash it first and put down a good coat regular wax, then go to the wax as you dry. For my car which hadn't been washed or had a good coat of wax in a long time, I first washed it with some regular blue Dawn dish soap to strip off all of the old wax and contaminants on the paint, and then put on two coats of Liquid Glass polymer wax. It seemed to work pretty well. You don't have to use Liquid Glass, it just happened to be readily available where I live so I bought some. I'm sure any good OTC polymer wax would work fine and last a long time. Meguirs Nxt,Mothers Reflections,Zaino, ect. Have fun.

if you haven't waxed in a while, you should probably wax with a cleaner wax first. mothers has a good cleaner, as does meguiars. even turtle wax will do what you want.

after that, the waud will help keep it up for a while.

i use cleaner wax about twice a year, then meguiars #7 & #26 a couple of times a year as well. i use waud everytime i wash the car or bike. the eagle one detailer spray is excellent as well.

Thanks guys,
I think i'll put the lazynes away and do a regular washing/waxing, and then next time, start with the WAYD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back