Be careful using Meguiars NXT glass cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a few bottles of the new Meguiars NXT glass cleaner. To be honest,I find "stoner invisble glass" just as good (and alot cheaper). I accidentally got some meguiars nxt on my speedometer/tach. instrument panel - it destroyed the plastic "window". The plastic cover now has a milky/hazy appearance that will not go away.

You have to be careful with some of this stuff. IIRC Stoner's warns you not to use theirs on on plastic, I'd hope NXT glass would have a similar warning. Although I agree, there's no reason to pay more money for NXT glass. The only NXT products I really like are the waxes and speed detailer. Not fond of the tire/interior/glass products.

No,meguiars does not have any warnings regarding their NXT glass cleaner. I've sprayed "stoner" invisible glass cleaner on my Tach/speedo instrument panel many times in the past and have not had any problems.

i find warm water and alittle bit of soap works well with some kind scrubbing stuff. i hear steal wool works like miracles. i wouldnt waste money on somethign u can use warm water and alittle bit of soap on.

I love stoners IG. I've gotten it on plastics with no harm, and man it does a wonder on glass.

I also use it on a MF to wipe down my wiper blades, doesn't seem to harm that soft rubber.

People are so brainwashed into thinking that a commercial glass cleaner is needed. LOL.

Hot water, bug sponge, and newspaper still does the best job.

quote:

Originally posted by davefr:
People are so brainwashed into thinking that a commercial glass cleaner is needed. LOL.

Hot water, bug sponge, and newspaper still does the best job.

I don't make time for that anymore. I'll clean the windows right before I leave for work, takes me maybe a minute with some Stoner's and a shop towel. So it isn't necessarily brainwashing, I think most people know what the alternatives are.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back