How to make Klasse last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just applied Klasse AIO and glaze on my Corolla. It sits out all the time in Northern Virginia. How often should I wash the car, and in what way, i order to make the Klasse last as long as possible and to protect the paint? Also, how long should I expect the Klasse to last?

I put a layer or two of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze over the All In One. That lasts well over one year here in CA. Then I use a clay bar on the car and apply the Klasse again. I wash my car once a week with bucket and sponge. Sometimes I go to the pressure cleaner carwash. I live right by the ocean, so my car is exposed to pretty salty air. Klasse works and holds up well. I think some people apply a good wax over it.

[ June 01, 2005, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: moribundman ]

I had already started when I noticed some debris on the lower parts of the car, even though i had just driven a mile after two washes. Will a clay bar work, or do I have to wait a while for the Klasse to start to wear off?

If you run your flat hand over the clean, washed, and dry paint, and if you feel any grit, then you should use a clay bar or cleaner until the finish feels smooth, before applying a sealant or wax.

quote:

Originally posted by riker1384:
I had already started when I noticed some debris on the lower parts of the car, even though i had just driven a mile after two washes. Will a clay bar work, or do I have to wait a while for the Klasse to start to wear off?

What kind of debris are we talking about here?

If possible, try and remove it with soap, water and sponge. If that doesn't do the trick, maybe a bug & tar remover would work. You can just clean up the spots with the debris, and then reapply Klasse AIO on those spots. I personally wouldn't re-clay those debris areas, unless it's a huge section of the car that you're talking about.

I was wondering, how easy the "Klasse All-in-One" and "High Gloss Sealant Glaze" are to use?

Some of the expensive, higher-end products can be complicated to use, with several steps, OR they are not very forgiving when it comes to mistakes when applying.

Will they work on all types of factory paint jobs?
How about Honda factory-metallic paint?

Thanks in advance!

Both Klasse products are easy to apply. Use a slightly moist soft cloth to apply, let dry, then buff with another cloth. Klasse is expensive, but after almost 10 years I'm still working on the first bottle! I use it once a year on my Audi's metallic aluminum silver finish. In other climates you may have to apply it twice. Klasse should work well on all automotive finishes.

I started (rather, got my USMC-muscled son) on the truck with DAWN dishwashing detergent and a new lambswool pad. Second step was with MEGUIARS Clay Bar and lube. Then, KLASSE All in One per directions with a foam pad and microfiber towel, then another pad and towel for the Glaze, of which several coats have now been applied.

Sure wish I'd started using this stuff after seeing it advertised in an aviation products catalog over thirty years ago.

Truck looks great. If it lasts six months (till next spring) I'd be tickled pink. The second go round is never so hard as the first.

Make sure you wait 12 hours minimum between coats for the poymer in Klasse to crosslink. Do not try and layer AIO as it will remove the previous coat(s).

Also, when applying, use very thin coats like a light haze that trails the applicator and then disappears within a second or two. This is enough, believe me.

quote:

Originally posted by Tim H.:
Do you have to wait between coats of AIO and the glaze?

YES!
AIO has the sealant built in along with the cleaner, and it needs to crosslink just as the SG does.
12 hours between coats minimum.

Here is a 'How To' from autopia:
Autopia - Klasse SG Wipe on, Wipe off, Official Application Guide
He recommends a week between coats...

[ September 28, 2005, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: 'Tard ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back