mequiars pro seires experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i have this professional wax from mequires and decided to prep...wash...and wax my car for the winter.

i didnt claybar this time, the surface was super smooth and no need for it

i polished with show car glaze #7 and topped off with #26 high tech yellow wax.

my GOSH the shine is soo much better that mequires 3 step system (marroon bottles). it is much deeper and much much more smoother than i ever seen before.

just had to share

I use the Pro series also.
I use the #9 swirl remover, The #5 (new car glaze) or #7(show car glaze) w/ a topping of #26 100% Yellow Carnauba.
If you want an even better shine, top off the carnauba w/ a synthetic like Mequiar's Gold Class, and you will not be disappointed.

smile.gif

My only suggestion to anyone who uses the #26 is to do a small section at a time, and do not let it sit too long. Otherwise you will see the wax application until your next wash or 2.
smile.gif

my experiance with #26 is to leave it on for a long time....if i leave it for a short time, its hard to take off....yet i use thin coats.

i have a pain of a time with the polish, its super hard to remove for some reason.

can i ask u a question? just recently the swirl remover #9 came to my area. now if i look at your steps i see that use a polish after that...isnt that not ok? i thought the swirl remover was a polish also and u just had to top off with high tech yellow #26?

with using mequiars gold class topping off doesnt that have "additive clash"? im concerned of mixing differnt types of mequires like the maroon bottoles with the pro series bottles...whats ur take on that

how long does ur setup last normally...?

just now i saw my swirls came back already after 2 weeks....kinda sucks...i should use swirl remover next time...

As an alternative to #7(and believe me, its worth it), use #81 hand polish bc it is much easier to apply, and its better for clearcoats. #7 was meant for clearcoats as said by mike phillips of meguiars. As for topping off, stay with a pure wax unless you just want to go from clay directly to wax, then use gold class. As for swirls, the swirls that you see coming back are the ones you hid with the polish(or glaze for that matter). The only REAL way to remove swirls is to compound(level the paint), then polish(to improve gloss). What i mean by compound is like meguiars dual action cleaner polish or 3m fine cut, and by polish i mean 3ms finesse it 2, 3m swirl mark remover, meguiars #9 swirl remover 2.0, and #82 swirl free polish. Hope this helps.

i am scared of rubbing compounds. i used one and man it scratched my paint soo bad....i applied it correctly..good thing i did it in a spot that couldnt be seen...it took me about a couple of waxes and polishing to get that out.

so even if i use my swirl remover, i wont get the swirls out..only cover it up?? i like how swirl remover may work.

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
i am scared of rubbing compounds. i used one and man it scratched my paint soo bad....i applied it correctly..

Then you didn't apply it correctly. Most compounds use diminishing abrasives, which means you need to KEEP working the product, or it doesn't work right.

I use 3M Perfect-It II Fine Cut-- if you wipe it off too early, the paint looks dull; but, if you work until it's dry and powders on its own, it's shiney.

It takes skill to use a compound, but it is very necessary to use these on mild blemishes. Otherwise, you just cover them instead of removing them.

ferb!

well wax is gone! iono what happend..i guess the more gloss the less durable. how cheap! but my conditions were alot of rain...

i just washed my car today after not washing it for a week and a half due to rain...and guess wut..no wax..its squeeks =/.

my next wax is s100 its super glossy...

quote:

well wax is gone! iono what happend..i guess the more gloss the less durable. how cheap! but my conditions were alot of rain...

i just washed my car today after not washing it for a week and a half due to rain...and guess wut..no wax..its squeeks =/.

What happened is you used Meguair's. Of all the wax products I've tried it's one of least durable. Great for a show car that gets waxed every week. Not good for a daily driver...

quote:

This happened when I used Meguiars. Try NuFinish, some will bash it and probibly never tried it because they think it is a cheep product but boy does it last!

I used it on a 2002 Impala and it left a great deep, slick shine. Tha car sat out side most of the time and 9 months later it was still slick and beaded water like it was just put on. That is with 2 coats put on 4 week apart. The best stuff out there and I used them all in the last 10 years of so.

hey thanks guys and great link.

yea as you said, i think that more glossy waxes are less durable, exactly!

zymoil is some good stuff...i seen those things shine forever...perhaps i can get some, or just use s100 wax to try...

If you want protection, it's best to go the polymer route. Caranuba waxes are terrible in that department, and can wear off very quickly. Polymers can last up to 6 months, sometimes a year if maintained well. Imo, the best polymers to go with are klasse, zaino, meguiars #20 and medallion premium paint protection(also, look for their new polymer product coming in february), Blackfire and platinum(go with platinum if you don't want to spend the cash on blackfire, basically the same formula) and yes, even nufinish.

I've tried the Meguirs 3 step and the Mother's. The Meguirs was a be-hatch to buff out comparing to Mother's...hit a water spot and you're toast. This is why I use Mother's instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back