2003 Duramax, Mobil Delvac 1, 7272 OCI, 39680 on unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 Delvac 5W40, 7272 miles, 1 year on oil.
This truck gets driven on short 10 mile round trips about 2-3 times a week, then usually long 200 mile round trips towing on weekends at freeway speeds.

Should I switch back to dino,(Delvac 1300) and change out at 6 months, or not worry about it?

-

Pick,

Nice report! Also intersting that Blackstone looks for a 2:1 Fe/Pb ratio as you pointed out in my last Duramax UOA thread. Out of curiosity I did search on "Duramax" in the Diesel UOA forum and after a quick look it seems like the majority of reports didn't meet the 2:1 test. The few that did either had low single digit Pb numbers or double digit Fe. If I get some time I'll tablulate all the results and post the data ...

smile.gif

I love the comments from Blackstone:

"do what you think right"

Isn't that why you pay them the money to analyze and give a recommendation? Most people don't know how to read a UOA and want a statement that recommends an action to be taken.

Interesting
confused.gif

By the way, your UOA is fine. I would keep an eye on Pb in the future though. Anything in the single digit range is fine IMO.

Results are fine...this engine seems to show a Fe/Pb ratio more like 1:1, so I'd discount Blackstones very generic comment about what constitutes normal wear.

I'd recommend AVLube for your Delvac 1 analyses in the future. They are a Mobil jobber and do a better job of "reading" the signature of this oil. George Morrison at AVLube is one of the most knowledgable folks you'll find doing fleet oil analysis.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back