SILICON 8
SODIUM 2
CALCIUM 2568
MAGNESIUM 7
PHOSPHORUS 1054
ZINC 1195
BARIUM 1

No Fuel, antifreeze or moisture present. Viscosity 71.8

This was 3,000 on Motorcraft 15W-40 and Motorcraft filter when the oil was changed almost 8 months ago.

I changed this oil after 3k because I was switching to Schaeffer's 9000 Supreme, OilGuard Bypass, and Stratapore filters. The motor currently has about 48k miles on it. After I had the dealer change the oil I added Edge Juice w/ Attitude, AFE Stage 2 w/ PG7, MBRP 4" exhaust, and took out the AIH.

I also have a couple of questions I should have added:

1) The add pack in this oil doesn't seem to be that great based on the UOA (just guessing really) and the noticable change in noise and "smoothness" of the engine after moving to 9000 Supreme. Does the Motorcraft oil not contain sufficient additives especially anti-foaming?
2) Obviously I don't put alot of miles on my truck. What I plan on doing is taking another sample at 1yr or 5k miles. Does that sounds ok then go by the UOA to decide if I should change?

With a Silicon of 8 PPM total, we know that at least 50% of that is nominaly dirt/dust. That leaves 4 PPM Silicon for anti-foam additive. I would say that is sufficient. If in doubt you can buy anti-foamant at the IH dealer. Not expensive at all.

Your wear is extremely low on this truck. The additive package of this oil is decent for a dino oil. In fact this is a very good choice.

I am running the Schaeffers 7000 in my 01 PSD. In time I will order the 9000 but that is off a couple years. Old stock to use up first.

You should be able to get 2 years on your bypass filter and oil change. But as you stated, do a UOA at 5K or 1 year. You need to get a trend and then you can formulate a schedule based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back