ZINC 1481
BARIUM 1
SUS VIS 60.3
FLASH 440
FUEL ANTIFREEZE 0.0
H2O 0.0
INSOLUBLES 0.3
TBN 7.4

Ran this oil for a calender year. Used FP only as additive since November. One dose of LC mid run used. Towed a fair amount.
AIRFILTER- Airaid
FULLFLOW- WIX
BYPASS- BE-100

Replaced with Amsoil ACD 10w30, Amsoil EAO-88 fullflow, And regular BE-100 bypass

I'm happy with the UOA except the doggone Lead. I cant seem to get the stuff (lead) out of my life no matter which vehicle I'm testing
dunno.gif

I want to add since I've been using Dyson Analysis ALL my wear numbers have gotten better by doing what Terry tells me on each vehicle. Its a service thats worth every penny. Next UOA will be a one calender year run on my tractor which came to about 60 hrs. using AMSOIL AMO 10w40 I gotta do one more fill of it since I still have some.
snoboy
biggthumbcoffe.gif

My feeling is that your motor here is really wearing admirably low. It wasn't so long ago that 9500 miles would have been virtually unheard of. Running for a full calendar year guarantees that you end up seeing all weather conditions, from below freezing to hot summer temps. Then throw in some towing to boot! I have to say the more I see results from Rotella synthetic the more impressed I am.

I like seeing numbers like these on this oil..

I cannot get M1 5/40 Truck/Suv oil, so I'm going to run this OCI with Rotella 5/40..

I'm only planning a 5k interval, but 1600 of that is going to be hard, heavy towing over some nasty mt passes.

md_lucky13 Here's some info so you can see the small difference in my UOA from 5000- 9500 I'll post only the numbers that changed

#s at 5000 miles were___ and have come up___ppm
AL 3 up 1

FE 15 up 9
CU 3 up 3
Pb 8 up 2
Na 0 up 3
Si 8 up 1

Those are are the number increases from 5000 miles to 9500 miles and I too pull/tow steep grades. I'm convinced this Rotella T syn is rock solid oil! Heck this oil is just breaking in @ 5k
grin.gif

Sno,

Your insolubles are good, your silicon is great. Your numbers are excellent for this engine. IMO. Drive and smile.
smile.gif

That may be the lowest % of fuel I've seen for the 6.0L.

How did that happen?..

Could the lead come from using FP/FC?

Stick or auto? Try keeping the revs a little higher to take load off the bearings - don't lug it. Stay out of top gear when towing. If auto, lock out overdrive when towing.

This oil has sheared pretty badly - I think that 60 SUS is approx 10-11 Cst - and I believe that's contributing to the elevated bearing wear.

It will be interesting to see how the Amsoil 10w-30/30wt does since it's formulated without polymeric thickeners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back