Schaeffers 15-40 Duramax

Status
Not open for further replies.
35k on unit. 5.5 on oil Gmc Duramax 6.6. Schaeffer's Supreme blend 7000 15-40.
copper 6
iron 17
chromium 0
Alum 3
lead 7
moly 152
phos 1780
zinc 1935
mag 12
calcium 5069
anti freeze 0
fuel 0
h2o 0
siilcon 5
visc cst 14.75
sulphur 5
osi 4
nitration 1
soot 0

Hey, you beat me to it!!
grin.gif

Very pleased with the results, will sample again at 10k to see if it needs to be changed at that time or not. I am still a newbie at all this, but the numbers look really good, right??
grin.gif

Bob

Yes I'd say they look most outstanding. Although this is the 1st sample all signs point to the start of a positive trend. And a good engine.

Just as a side note, I added no oil during that 5k run, nor did I change the filter after sampling. My engine doesn't burn any noticable amount of oil (knock on aluminum) so I probably won't have to add any oil to get to 10k.

Bob

So should I be using Blackstone or Avlube for my oil analysis then? I find the 0 for soot kinda hard to believe as well. This was a prepaid oil sample kit that I used, so I don't know if there is anything I could do about this.

Either one is extremely reputable.
Another opinion is always a good idea.

Mark
Schaeffers Oil

I asked if it was possible for a TBN to be done in the special instructions section, it stated that the lab does not test TBN.

Either way, the wear numbers still look really good, so I am certainly pleased, just curious is all...

Those additive levels look extremely high, for example 5000+ ppm of calcium would give you a baseline TBN of 14-16...

I think you need to re-calibrate the ICP instrument and re-run this sample. Actual wear metals may be somewhat lower than this, if the cal. is off.

This is a scheffers lab report. We offer lab reports with tbn and a less expensive one w/o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back