04.5 Dodge kendall 15/40SHP High Potassium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kendall 15/40shp
Mileage on truck 14455
Oil 5000
Iron 23
Chromium 0
Nickel 0
Alum 8
Copper 3
Lead 1
Tin 0
Cadmium 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Vanadium 0
Silicon 5
sodium 3
Potassium 50
Moly 1
Antimony 1
Manganese 0
Lithium 0
Boron 42
Magnesium 123
Calcium 4291
Barium 0
Phosphorus 1172
Zinc 1183
Fuel .5%
Soot h20 Vis 100cs 14.2
TBN 10.3
Oxid 9
Nita 12

So what everyone think about the high Potassium.
Later John

Stinky coolant is factory. Its my Brothers truck, and he's away for a a while on some Secret Mission for the DOD. I cant go out and look to see if its conventional or a hybrid antifreeze. I'll see what I can Find for you. John

Look deeper into this. Several 3rd gen Cummins owners have been reporting high potassium levels in their UOA's. There's a long thread on TDR about this right now. One guy actually found a coolant leak near his oil filter housing, another has his truck at the dealer for pressure testing and they found nothing, and no coolant in the oil. Who knows. On my reports luckily potassium has been zero every time. 305/555

It's easy to jump to conclusions when it comes to oil analysis data so it's best to proceed cautiously. We often see signs of coolant entry long before a leak can be found and frequently there is no water or glycol. I would take another sample and see what Na and K are doing. It would be nice to know the ratio of K to Na in the coolant. Normally we would expect K to be about 3 times as high as Na but this coolant could be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back