Red Line 15W-40 Syn Diesel Oil 2004 6.0 PSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my reports have been good, but the Red Line showed the best numbers out of all the oils that I have run in my truck.

The silicon numbers were up, which surprised me...the last time I sampled through my fumoto valve with a nipple and I forgot to clean the old oil off, so I'm wondering if some road debris/dirt contaminated with the oil on the fumoto valve and when I sampled this time the dirt went in with my sample
dunno.gif

I wanted to add that I'm running a TP type bypass filter on my truck.

-

[ September 04, 2006, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Go_Hogs_Go ]

quote:

Originally posted by snoboy:
Can you say moly? Your wear numbers are still great. What's your MPG?

If I'm strictly highway I will get upper 16's low 17's running 75 w/the occasional burst to get around someone. My dad has a 6.0 also and runs his similar to mine but he gets upper 18's on the highway, which has me baffled.
confused.gif

My dad has a 6.0 also and runs his similar to mine but he gets upper 18's on the highway, which has me baffled.
confused.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]
Dad may be easier on the pedal?

quote:

Originally posted by Go_Hogs_Go:

quote:

Originally posted by snoboy:
Can you say moly? Your wear numbers are still great. What's your MPG?

If I'm strictly highway I will get upper 16's low 17's running 75 w/the occasional burst to get around someone. My dad has a 6.0 also and runs his similar to mine but he gets upper 18's on the highway, which has me baffled.
confused.gif

Same size tires? If you have larger diameter tires you odometer doesn't show as many miles.

Ken

is the miles on oil wrong for the 1-4-05 report?

Miles on unit for the last two reports are 41959 & 34198. Difference is 7761 between those, not 5731 listed on the 1-4-05 report. Did you do a 2000 mile interval on some oil before the redline fill?

What were the oils used for all the past UOA's on the report?

quote:

Originally posted by 1 FMF:
is the miles on oil wrong for the 1-4-05 report?

Miles on unit for the last two reports are 41959 & 34198. Difference is 7761 between those, not 5731 listed on the 1-4-05 report. Did you do a 2000 mile interval on some oil before the redline fill?

What were the oils used for all the past UOA's on the report?

There was a 2000 mile interval where I switched oils, but didn't send the sample in. I used Schaeffer's Sup 7000 15W-40 before the Red Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back