Amsoil 15W40 F350 02- 10,767 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the oil looks pretty good and the Fe is not THAT high considering the driving conditions. Even comparing to the linked site, 34 ppm in almost 11K miles. Not that many cited even went 10K yet some have Fe over 50 ppm.

Feel free to try other oils - but to call this a high Fe trend seems a bit strong.

Pablo,

I was looking at that, I am not sure what is considered high FE. Another link I got showed FE for Diesel engines had an acceptable range upto 80PPM. I need to figure what what this means to me and the engine.

I am still new at the understanding how this all works. I am going to pull out my other UOA's and compare the FE PPM per/ 1,000 miles and see what kind of comparison that yields.

Well after numerous discussion and reading trends in other F350's I am going to drain and verify the air filter is secure and the bypass installation is secure. Then do a run and analzye at 5,000 to make sure there is not a problem some where else.

This is an 8K run on my 01 PSD:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=000133

dunno.gif

Umm,,

There is nothing in that sample that would condemn the oil.

Why not continue to run it to see if it goes up even higher.

FE values over 100 even are not a reason to condemn the oil.

I've seen several samples over 150 that were still on the road (of coarse the oil had over 75,000 miles on it.

quote:

Originally posted by flynavydiesel:
MSparks,

Oh, I was in Clarkesville two weeks ago on a Navy trip. Nice town the Blackhorse had a great deal on pizza and beer. Good Beer!!!

And you didn't call??? Shame on you. I haven't been to the blackhorse yet but we ride our bicycles downtown after dark and go right past it. I'll be stopping there someday soon.

offtopic.gif

I would have called if I had known you moved there and if I had been on the board prior to going there. The move from out west totally took 2 months out of my life. At least we are settled now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back