Soot 0.3
Fuel 0
Glycol 0

Oxid 1.7
Nirt 0
SAE 43
TBN 9.6

Analysis by Oilguard

First analysis on this vehicle. Primarily city driving, three to six mile trips. One 800 mile road trip. I get it good and hot about once a month and get the RPM's up over 4K. Soot is low, looks like I could easily double the interval. I believe this to be the Molyless
rolleyes.gif
formulation of Long Life, it was lighter in color coming out of the bottle.

Currently using Long Life for AutoRx treatment. Trying to swell the valve stem seals.

Nice report

For comparison, here's my last analysis with non CI-4 Pennzoil 20w-50 in a 83 300TD:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=000086

Interesting how the Moly concentration is essentially identical.

I'm running Auto-RX right now as well just out of curiosity. How does a stem seal leak manifest itself? I think I have noticed slightly less smoke under hard acceleration so far(~300 miles into the cleaning phase), but that may be me wanting to believe.

I get some blue colored smoke when I start the engine. This may not be lube oil burning and my valve stem seals may be fine.

One morning last winter it was about 15 degrees F. I started the car for my wife who said she would be ready in a few minutes. 15 minutes of idling later she was ready. When she took off she left a HUGE cloud of blue smoke. I never let an engine idle this long and this vehicle has never smoked like that before. If you start it up and drive off it smokes very little. This leads me believe the blue smoke is incomplete combustion and maybe some lube oil on the side.

I am running Auto Rx out of curiosity also. We'll see if it affects the cold start blue smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back