02 Duramax Amsoil 15W40 HD Marine/Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

First post here. Just got my first analysis back from the lab. Lab comments were good, thought I would seek more input. The truck has just over 25,000 miles on it and the oil had 6,600 at the sample. Added 1/2 quart makeup oil.

I have the Amsoil dual remote bypass filter installed. Must do a decent job as the lab's comment was:

"Insolubles (oil oxidation due to heat, use, and blow-by) were very low at 0.1%, showing excellent oil filtration."

TBN 10.1

ALUMINUM 1
CHROMIUM 0
IRON 5
COPPER 7
LEAD 4
TIN 2
MOLYBDENUM 0
NICKEL 0
MANGANESE 0
SILVER 0
TITANIUM 0
POTASSIUM 1
BORON 0
SILICON 6
SODIUM 1
CALCIUM 3699
MAGNESIUM 25
PHOSPHORUS 1049
ZINC 1180
BARIUM 0

SUS VIS @ 210F 72.8
FLASHPOINT 455
FUEL WATER 0.0
INSOLUBLES 0.1

Lab said they think the oil could go another 2,000 miles.

Comments welcome!
grin.gif

Those wear numbers are absolutely incredible! Are you sure this isn't a virgin oil sample?
smile.gif

What type of driving to you do?

quote:

What type of driving to you do?

Basically just around town. Drive to and from work about 6 times a month which is 60 miles roundtrip. I pull a 13,000# 5th wheel camper a few times a year a total of about 3,000 miles.

As you can tell from the total mileage on the truck, I don't drive a whole lot. I have owned it since January 02 and 2 1/2 years later it only has 26,000 on it.

I thought my numbers might be a lot worse since the first couple of winters I let the truck idle ALOT, and I don't have high idle installed. I since quit doing that since I read about that not being good for the engine. I installed an Espar coolant heater so no need to idle anymore!
smile.gif

quote:

Do you have an oil life monitor?

If you are talking about the one from the factory that comes on and says "CHANGE ENGINE OIL", yes, I have that. It came on last time at about 5,500 miles on the oil.

quote:

Originally posted by cargopilot:

As you can tell from the total mileage on the truck, I don't drive a whole lot. I have owned it since January 02 and 2 1/2 years later it only has 26,000 on it.

With those kinda wear nubmers and TBN, I'd say you can easily go for one year/10,000 mile changes.

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
With those kinda wear nubmers and TBN, I'd say you can easily go for one year/10,000 mile changes.

I agree.

Go at least 12 months / 10k miles and sample again and let us know what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back