Na 6
Sn 0
Zn 1410

Soot 1.7%
Water 0
Fuel 0
Anti-freeze 0
TBN 10.5

Car is driven about 90% highway and 10% creep and go on what we call a freeway.
This is the first time Redline has been used. Will continue with this fill until 10K.
This is about equal to the best Delvac-1 report.

If this is the same engine from the 100+ Fe readings what was causing the high Fe?

These reading are more within the norm PPM/thousand. Can't wait to see the 10,000 mile results on Redline.

Would have like to see Red Line's diesel oil used instead. Not really a fair comparison. Probably makes more difference on the longer drain though.

The 5w-40 is only rated CF. RL 15w-40 is CI-4 (same as D1)

Yes, but this was so much less expensive. It looks as if it is doing just as good a job as the Delvac-1. Once all the 5w-40 is used up, I will try the 15w-40 just to see if it works any better. As for the CF, it is just "recommended", much like Amsoil "recommends" their oils for different services. Regardless, they are still excellent oils.
After chatting with Dave at Redline, I got the impression that this oil could handle just about anything that my motor could produce.

This engine runs really well with 5w-30 and 5w-40 synthetic oils. I sell lots of oil for this particular application through my website. For mild to hot climates I do recommend the Amsoil 15w-40 for use in the 1.9L TDI, primarily because it's much less expensive than their Series 3000, 5w-30.

These results are excellent for this motor - I wouldn't change anything ....

Tooslick

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:
Would have like to see Red Line's diesel oil used instead. Not really a fair comparison. Probably makes more difference on the longer drain though.

The 5w-40 is only rated CF. RL 15w-40 is CI-4 (same as D1)

Redline 5w-40 is a "diesel" oil. Any oil that is "C" rated is a "diesel" oil.

CI-4 oil is better than CF oil. But VW does recommend using a 5w-40 oil in the 1.9 TDI. And it appears this CF oil is doing fine in this application.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back