Bilstein vs. Tokico

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm literally a flick of the mouse away from ordering new struts for my 94 Corolla; the Monroes I bought last year are total junk. Until this morning, I didn't even know Bilsetin had a product for me but they do. I was gonna go with Tokico, but Bilsteins are supposed to be the industry leader. Give me ya'lls thoughts? I'm thinkin Bilstein now! Both offer a lifetime warrenty; Tokicos seems to be a bit more inclsive and their wording even states lifetime warrenty even agaisnt performance loss from wear and tear.
dunno.gif
pat.gif
What should I get? Decided not to get lowering springs cause I know the ride quality will suffer and every boy racer in this town will be revving on me.

Bilsteins are more expensive than Tokicos. As I recall, they were almost double the price for my 1988 Mustang 5.0 so I opted for the Tokicos, figuring that the additional money would be better used for other suspension work.

I'm happy with the Tokicos.

Then there are the Konis..

Surprisingly, the Bilsteins are about the same price as Tokicos for my car; in fact, shox.com has the entire set of 4 for only $319 and the Tokicos are $398
shocked.gif
At ajusa.com and every other online vendor, the Bilsteins are about 5 to 10 bucks more per strut. Yea, I'm thinkin Bilstein; waiting to hear back from shox.com to see if they're in stock.

Not to spoil your spending binge, but out of curiosity, what were the original shocks, and how much are replacements?

quote:

Originally posted by Tosh:
Not to spoil your spending binge, but out of curiosity, what were the original shocks, and how much are replacements?

confused.gif
The original ones were the completely blown OEMs. I put Monroe Sensatracks on last summer and they totally suck; about as bad as the worn out OEMs with 90K on them. OE replacements would be way more than the Bilsteins!!

If you guys need replacment shocks/struts/performance springs or any performance related suspenion component, look no further than shox.com. I just bought bilsteins for about the same price as Monroes cost at auto parts stores and less then KYBs cost anywhere else. Their prices are amazingly low
cool.gif
Fabulous customer service as well.

Check Autozone, I ordered Bilsteins a few years ago from them for $50 ea for our S10 Blazer.
Lifetime warranty...
I haven't checked the price lately though,,,cause if I replace them they are FREE!!!

Hope this helps.
Rando

Personally I am sold on Bilstein. I replaced the dampers on my VW Golf with Bilstein Sports over 110,000 miles ago and the Bilsteins are still doing their wonderful job. They are expensive but quality has a price.

Shox.com is where I made my purchase and they were the best price by far. I highly recommend them.

quote:

Originally posted by ZR2RANDO:
OUCH!
I just called my local AZ- they would cost me $59 for my Blazer if I was ordering them now.
Guess it was a good try at least...

cheers.gif
Hey, any and all info. is great!

The Bilsteins on my Prelude are perfect. Compliant & heavy duty. The car is low & heavily sprung but never lets the ride get harsh the way some sport shocks allow.

quote:

Originally posted by Todd_96SRV:
The Bilsteins on my Prelude are perfect. Compliant & heavy duty. The car is low & heavily sprung but never lets the ride get harsh the way some sport shocks allow.

You have lowering springs? What kind? They didn't make the ride bone jarring?

I put Bilsteins on my 95 GMC S-15 when it was only a couple of months old. Now, 100,000 miles later they are still good and still bunch better than the stock GMC crap was when it was new.

On this truck, they made it rid better because the stock shocks didn't control the relatively stiff springs well enough. It rebounded a lot coming off of bumps. The Bilsteins fixed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back