Need help ID'ing L9/Grade 9 bolts, Rimbaldi???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pics of L9 bolts I bought, they were manufactured by an Australian company (Brighton), so that's probably why they're not "SAE" Grade 9, and instead, L9 bolts (180,000 psi min tensile strength, which makes it stronger than ARP bolts and SAE Grade 8 bolts).

-

-

Which ARP bolts are you talking about as they have some that will take in excess of 190,000 PSI? Here in Michigan I think Mid State Bolt and Screw is the place to go.

Pretty sure the symbol on the top of your W-T-F bolt is that of the Barnes group/Bowman distibuting. AFAIK, Barnes has their bolts made right here in the good 'ol USA, good quality stuff too.

Yep, found it, here's their logo:
 -

Tom: woo, thanks!

John: None of the local fastener places have heard of Grade 9 bolts. The ARP bolts in 3/8"-16 tpi were rated for 170,000 psi, and I've seen them boasting of 190,000 psi tensile strenghts for SS bolts which I think is kind of unusual.

I ordered these L9s from McMaster.

Turns out that I've seen the logo before as well... Barnes makes the S-Springs used in Visteon/Ford Traction-Lok differentials.

The boxes are labeled Brighton though, so I'm not sure what was going on? Maybe a mix of Aussie and US bolts? They're definitely going on the TrueTrac tho!
grin.gif

Hmmm the closest Mid State is in Lapeer
frown.gif
That's a 1 hour+ drive for me
frown.gif
I got my hardware from McMaster though, and we buy lots of stuff from them at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back