Autozone Duralast Gold Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard good things about the Autozone Duralast Gold brake pads. They have a lifetime warranty for 27.99 for my Pontiac van. Anyone ever used them? I have read on other forums that people have had good luck with them and the price seems pretty good. They also sell s higher end pad for 37.99 that is supposed to have some ceramic in it, but who knows how much. I realize these might not be the best, but then again this isn't a race car either. I have used NAPA pads in my other vehicles with good luck, but I have an Autozone gift card. Anyone have an opinion?

I'm using the Duralast Gold pads right now, I installed them just under 1K miles ago. Well, they work. Happy with them so far. They were easy to install, and came with the caliper slide grease in the box. I have no problem with paying $7 per pad if they'll last me 50K miles.

My car is a 2002 Hyundai Accent.

Don't pretty much all OTC pads have some ceramic in them?

I don't like to skimp on brake pads. I have found that you typically get what you pay for.

quote:

Originally posted by benjamming:

I don't like to skimp on brake pads. I have found that you typically get what you pay for.

I generally agree with this line of thinking, however at $30-40, I don't really know if I am skimping? They are in the same price range as Raybestos and AC Delco pads. I believe that the pads on the van are the OEM pads and I got 95,000 out of them.

quote:

Originally posted by tmorris1:

quote:

Originally posted by benjamming:

I generally agree with this line of thinking, however at $30-40, I don't really know if I am skimping? They are in the same price range as Raybestos and AC Delco pads. I believe that the pads on the van are the OEM pads and I got 95,000 out of them.

Hehe... Skimping is in the eye of the beholder. If you were rich or hardcore you would try to get some Praise Dyno cryo parts ($800 for the kit for my Jeep) or you would try to get some EGR Carbon-kevlar pads like my neighbor just put on his Benz. like 200+ dollars for a set of pads with no warranty, crazy....

and about ceramic I figure my performance friction carbon metallic have some ceramic in them. really it is all about marketing. Who knows it the "ceramic pads" are actually even 20% ceramic? nobody knows!

Can't go wrong with Performance Friction from autobone. My neighbor has been through 3 sets on his ram and all on the same rotor. Keep in mine he tows a 12k lb trailer and a 13k camper all the time on a diesel. I just bough the PF carbon metallics with lifetime warranty for my Jeep Wrangler. I'm coupling them with Raybestos PG solid rotors

I ended up bying the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads for 39.99. I just got them installed and they definitely have much stronger stopping power than the OEM pads.

i have these for my 86 300zx and they are great!

but my accord is another story. today i took it for a fade test, so i went around the block pretty fast, braking etc....finally it fadded away and started not stopping at all....you got to think about, i was braking hard in every corner, 50-10 every time...finally after like a few blocks it finally gave in.

but normal braking in the city these things are solid, but man in a way i was disapointed in how fast they would fade...i wouldnt take it auto-x thats for sure.

i wonder if i should return it.

Preformance Friction pads all around on my 95 CV (4 wheel disc) installed 35,000 miles ago. Rotors are fine and the pads still have an easy 1/2 life still left. Then back to autozone for a free replacement set of pads.

These pads are also on 2 other family cars and a pickup as well. I'm very pleased with them and think that they are worth the price. I was replacing the low cost $12 pad sets every 10=12K miles.

I had great luck with Performance brand pads about four years ago.

When I went to do my son's car recently, AZ told me the Performance pads now only have a 2 year warranty.
Is this true????

I used the dura last golds and they seem to be excellent also.

update, on my accord after super beating them...i got em to work nicely and WOW it grips! i went up and down mountains like it was nothing!

performance friction is 2 year warrenty only...not worth it IMO.

I've worn out one set of Performance Friction pads on an Explorer, and installed another. These pads seem to wear relatively quickly, but they don't wear the rotors. I'd much rather replace pads more often, and not have to replace the rotors.

Don't forget the caliper slide grease. I had a slide that was frozen tight, and wearing the stock pads unevenly. Probably from a lack of grease from the factory.......
rolleyes.gif

AZ lifeime pads have been EXCELLENT on my GF's integra. Try and replace the rotors while youre at it. Usually theyre pretty cheap.

JMH

Bump.

Just got back from the shop. Had both the front and rear brake pads replaced with new Autozone Duralast Gold "Ceramic" pads. $49.95 per set, $100 total. More info to come in the Off-Topic Section.

I'm not sure if I used the autozone duralast gold pads, but I got the autozone brand brake pads 4 years ago for my 92 mitsubishi mirage. I haven't had to change them out yet, but I only drive 10k/miles a year. they are a lifetime warranty pads.

While we're on the subject of brake pads, I have a question:

Are ceramic pads easier on rotors or harsher? I want to use pads that are the easiest on the rotors. Also, how much money do you guys think is enough to spend on pads? For example: Bendix ceramic pads are upwards of $85.00 a pair
shocked.gif

I would say ceramics are probably harsher on rotors than semi-metallic pads.

I'm not sure that you'd want to go for the pads that are the easiest on rotors. I would think that it would mean the pad would wear away very easily (faster). You'll just end up buying brake pads more often.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back