1993 toyota corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be changing the oil and filter on a family members 1993 Corolla (1.8?) I haven't been able to look at it yet but was wondering if anyone is knows where the oil filter is located and if it can be accessed without ramps, any other info in relation to this engine would be helpful (i.e. oil brand and viscosity).

I think it's near the front (Radiator side) of the engine, behind/near the exhaust manifold. New filter would make good thimble. Or am I thinking of 1.6?
dunno.gif
Go at it from above.

The oil filter is in front UNDER the exhaust manifold, if you have the right skinny arms you can get away with removing without crawling under. I usually get a oil filter wrench to loosed it up first, but I've done this many times. MAKE sure that the engine is cool first..

Engine is 1.6... oil filter front of engine. Extremely easy to get to. Capacity of oil 3qts. I have a 1994 geo prism. "Same engine" talk about a reliable car!

If you have a Corolla LE model, you have a 1.8 liter engine, in that case it fills up with 4 qts. of oil. I had a 1993 Toyota Corolla for 10 years, its a good little car, i had the 1.8 and it had a good life. Horrible electrical system on mine though, but thats a different story.

if it fits physically, you can put a motorcraft FL-400S on that engine, if it specs a 4967. Or a 3614. Just check the gasket to make sure the gasket flange has enough room for a wider gasket. I use a FL-400S on my '94 tercel 1.5L. My parents have a 1992 prizm 1.6, a 1997 tercel 1.5, and a 2000 corolla 1.8 and all are the same filter. Even grandpa's 1990 tercel EZ 1.5. And I could put a 4967 on my tundra which specs a 3614. If you really have room under the hood which I doubt, a FL-1A will work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back