Toyota Coil Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long these last? I have 150k + miles on the originals. I have new plugs in and the car is very well maintained. Once a month or so I am getting a rough idle when I stop. I don't think it's the gas although it could be. Any idea? Thanks.
smile.gif

Try some Injector cleaner.
Redline works good.Do not use a low price one.Chevron makes a good one. If that is not it,check your fuel filter.Could be throttle position sensor also.
Good Luck.

They should last 200k miles+ with no problem unless there is something inherently bad with the coil paks to begin with. For example, Nissan's with coil paks in the '99-01 timeframe have a known problem with the coil paks and they can intermittently fail without setting off the SES light causing intermitent missing and rough idle; the coil paks themselves often test out ok with static ohm procedures. Presuming the vehicle has been maintained well, you may want to take a look at the EGR system and ensure the passages aren't clogged up and the valve is functioning properly. Other than the standard items (i.e., plugs, injector, dirty throttle body, slow O2 sensor, TPS or related sensors) that may cause intermittent rough idle, the EGR system is often the culprit that is overlooked.

[ February 18, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: nick778 ]

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Does anyone know how long these last? I have 150k + miles on the originals. I have new plugs in and the car is very well maintained. Once a month or so I am getting a rough idle when I stop. I don't think it's the gas although it could be. Any idea? Thanks.
smile.gif

If yours are similar to the ones on my 4Runner, It wouldn't surprise me if these coil packs would last the life of the engine. Coil and wire problems are more likely to give you problems at high rpm and at high loads. I think you may have something else going on here Buster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back