Shell Rotella-T 15W40 or Chevron Delo400 15W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Shell Rotella T 15/40 in the MBZ 617 engines from assembly/break-in to TBN. I change oil and filter at 5000 mile intervals and consumption is about 1/2 quart every 3000 miles.

What are the main differences between Rotella and Delo in terms of additives???...Robert

Delo also has a good amount of Boron which has always been their trademark, even in their wonderful transmission fluids.

Bottom line, they are both good oils, aren't they? They both have good specs and a good record in service. You wouldn't go wrong either way... though I guess that doesn['t leave room for all the thoroughly enjoyable pedantic debating. I've used both on the same truck for the 18 years I've owned it. Delo has been harder to find on the bargain racks in my neck of the woods lately. Initiially, I chose my "poison" by looking the the transh bins at truck stops. I saw more Rotella and Delo containers there than anything else. Real scientific, huh?

One good thing about Chevron Delo 15w-40. You can get it for $37.50/case of 6 gal jugs at Costco. A local bulk supplier selles it for $48.00/case. Costco has a lot of other Chevron oil products, too. I'm using Delo 15w-40 in an Auto-RX cycle in two vehicles, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back