JD Tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,I have a couple of questions that maybe someone can answer.I have a Dodge Cummins engine in my truck ,the oil I use in it is Valvoline Premium Blue 2000.I just purchased a JD diesel tractor,my owners manual says to use oil that meet one or more of the following, CI-4,CH-4,or ACES Specification E-3.My VPB 2000 is CH4,CG4,CF4,CF/SJ.Now my last question is I also have a diesel Lombardini engine 3yrs. old,can I use the VPB in it also,this engine when running ,runs at 3600 rpm's,the owners manual says to use a good multi-grade 10w40.As you can tell I'm tring to consolidate my oil to one type.Is this good or bad ?,I don't know.Any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks Mike

19977, Here in our rural Sask., Canada John Deere is big time popular. Up here the John Deere labled bottled oil is Esso XD3. This is a great oil and I suspect the coventional American Exxon 15-40 XD3 is the same as our dino Esso XD3 15-40 and John Deere in the States are probably bottling it too. I also use this XD3 oil in my 1992 Dodge Cummins Engine. I am switching to this 0-40 XD3 syn oil year round, too great an oil for low cost, only about a $1.50 more per litre for syn than dino 15-40 XD3.

Here is the possible breakthrough Americans, I may be wrong, if XD3 is John Deere oil as I maintain here in Canada, I understand XD3 dino 15-40 is available from your Exxon/Mobil/Imperial as it is Esso/Mobil/Imperial here. I would bet dollars to donuts that John Deere 0-40 Plus 50 is our Canadian XD3 0-40 100% syn oil POA Group 1V oil that is the rave up here in Canada and not available from Exxon/Mobil in the States. This XD3 0-40 syn oil I suspect maybe your John Deere 0-40 Plus 50. This XD3 0-40 syn oil has pour point of -60F, TBN of 12.2, Visc of 15.7 at 100C, that is Esso data sheet numbers.

Up here, farmers/Ranchers will buy John Deere oil or Esso XD3, which ever is on sale or best price, both the same oil. John Deere and Esso/Exxon I believe are quite similar accross border.

I may have discovered something big here or not, Americans may have a source to get this XD3 0-40 CI-4/SL oil from John Deere. This oil is made by Mobil, its specs rival Mobil at double price. XD3 0-40 syn oil up here is $4.20 litre/quart. Mobil syn oil is about $8.00 litre. This XD3 0-40 is great oil, really quiets down a diesel and starts great in cold weather, great heat protection and apparently greatly reduces oil consumption on engines consuming oil in dino oil use.

Exxon should be marketing this XD3 syn 0-40 in America as Esso does in Canada, John Deere may be indirectly marketing in the States under their logal, possible?

Cyprs

quote:

Originally posted by Cyprs:
19977, Here in our rural Sask., Canada John Deere is big time popular. Up here the John Deere labled bottled oil is Esso XD3. This is a great oil and I suspect the coventional American Exxon 15-40 XD3 is the same as our dino Esso XD3 15-40 and John Deere in the States are probably bottling it too. I also use this XD3 oil in my 1992 Dodge Cummins Engine. I am switching to this 0-40 XD3 syn oil year round, too great an oil for low cost, only about a $1.50 more per litre for syn than dino 15-40 XD3.

Here is the possible breakthrough Americans, I may be wrong, if XD3 is John Deere oil as I maintain here in Canada, I understand XD3 dino 15-40 is available from your Exxon/Mobil/Imperial as it is Esso/Mobil/Imperial here. I would bet dollars to donuts that John Deere 0-40 Plus 50 is our Canadian XD3 0-40 100% syn oil POA Group 1V oil that is the rave up here in Canada and not available from Exxon/Mobil in the States. This XD3 0-40 syn oil I suspect maybe your John Deere 0-40 Plus 50. This XD3 0-40 syn oil has pour point of -60F, TBN of 12.2, Visc of 15.7 at 100C, that is Esso data sheet numbers.

Up here, farmers/Ranchers will buy John Deere oil or Esso XD3, which ever is on sale or best price, both the same oil. John Deere and Esso/Exxon I believe are quite similar accross border.

I may have discovered something big here or not, Americans may have a source to get this XD3 0-40 CI-4/SL oil from John Deere. This oil is made by Mobil, its specs rival Mobil at double price. XD3 0-40 syn oil up here is $4.20 litre/quart. Mobil syn oil is about $8.00 litre. This XD3 0-40 is great oil, really quiets down a diesel and starts great in cold weather, great heat protection and apparently greatly reduces oil consumption on engines consuming oil in dino oil use.

Exxon should be marketing this XD3 syn 0-40 in America as Esso does in Canada, John Deere may be indirectly marketing in the States under their logal, possible?

Cyprs

I do know this, the Chevron blender in Charleston, SC makes John deere oil. I have hauled the new empty pails in from a place in GA, and have hauled the finished product out of the Chevron plant. Typically most companies stick with one blender for their products until the contract expires. So I doubt that the USA stuff is the same as that Esso 0w-40, which btw, did not impress me that much in that DD60 tear down video. I've seen the insides of million mile diesels with a lifetime of Delo 400 that looked cleaner than that motor. just my $.02

Hammer

Yeah I'm not too hip on the Esso 0w-40 either from what I've seen and I don't believe Chevron is very hip on writing MSDS's for Esso saying .....

The Plus 50 0w-40 is for certain made in the USA by Chevron

I doubt that many can beat the price of Amsoil's AME 15w40(if you are comparing synthetics) it should work in all the diesel's you mentioned. Get several baseline analysis and you should be able to extend drains as well.

Thanks all,I think maybe I'll look into a all synthetic oil of some type,so many of them out there.I just have to figure out what one.

Mike

welcome.gif

I found this site while looking for the perfect oil for my JD. After much reading here I realized almost any API oil will get the job done. But a few oils give you more.

Have fun finding that oil.

The John Deere oils are very good and I recommend them highly. I even recommend them to our customers for use in their Cat ag tractors when they only want to use one oil.

They syn oils are great, especially in cold climates. It's sometimes hard to justify the cost for big fleets but I sure use them in all my stuff.

Stinky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back