Chevron Delo 400 vs Schaeffers 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3406E goes 25,000-30,000 mi on Chevron Delo 400 with 15% Nitration (Limit is 20%). Next practical OCI is 40,000-45,000 mi. Any chance that Schaeffers 9000 could go this long?

Any reduction in oil consumption or increase in fuel mileage would be gravy...

Gene

Gene,

I'm curious, did CAT tech staff specifically tell you there was a 20% limit on nitration, or is this tied to TBN depletion?

I think you'll find the Schaeffers S7000, 15w-40 holds up better than the Delo 400 in this application. This oil and the Amsoil 15w-40 blend (PCO) are the best two semi-synthetic diesel oils I've seen.

As an option, you could qualify as a Commercial Account through Amsoil and the price of their PCO product would be pretty low in bulk. You also have an experienced Amsoil dealer just down the road who you can hassle if you're not satisfied ...
wink.gif

TS

GeneK

One of the best analysis I ever had on a diesel engine, (Much smaller than yours) was with Schaeffers Series 7000 oil. After my current clean I am going to try the 5W40. You can get the large drum, free shipping, delivered.

cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
As an option, you could qualify as a Commercial Account through Amsoil and the price of their PCO product would be pretty low in bulk. You also have an experienced Amsoil dealer just down the road who you can hassle if you're not satisfied ...
wink.gif

TS

(The following is a inside joke) TooSlick? That qualifies as a sales pitch... You really are going to have to try harder or you are going to give Amsoil Dealers a bad name.
wink.gif

Seriously, as you know the transportation business is all about squeezing every dollar until it rains small change. Just exploring the options.

Gene

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
I'm curious, did CAT tech staff specifically tell you there was a 20% limit on nitration, or is this tied to TBN depletion?

Actually the CAT Tech recommended that I keep the Nitration below 20% for maximum engine life.

Otherwise the Delo 400 looked very good at 24,000 mi / 41% Idle with 14.1 cSt @ 100&#176C / Soot 0.2% / TAN 2.80 / TBN 8.30 / Oxid 12% / Nitr 15% (Fleetguard Contract Lab - Polaris Labs in Columbus OH )

Engine currently has 565,000+ Mi and I'm shooting for 1,000,000+ Mi.

Maybe I should run this by Stinky Peterson.

Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back