Fleetguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used their fl1a equivalent filter and was very pleased. Also cut one up and it is the exact same element (synthetic media) down to the number stamp that donaldson sells.

Dan

Fleetguard Stratopore oil filters seem to the standard good filter to use on the Cummins, so I use it along with their fuel and air filters for the Dodge. Their prices are much better than Dodge's.

quote:

Used their fl1a equivalent filter and was very pleased. Also cut one up and it is the exact same element (synthetic media) down to the number stamp that donaldson sells.

what is the usual cost diff between the two?

I have used their LF697 filter on my motorhome. It is the long version of the Motorcraft FL1A (that is, FL299). I really like the Fleetguard. It seems to be very solidly constructed. I also like that it is free flowing (LF697 spec):

Capacity: 33 grams of contaminants
Efficiency of 68% at 30 microns
Flow rate of--Get this--15.85 gpm!

Compare the equavalent Purolator has a flow of 7-9 gpm. When I pour oil into the Fleetguard filter (prefill) it goes through the filter media like water. On the Purolator and others you have to pour and then wait, pour and wait, ...

You might think this is a poor effeciency rate, but I had an excellent UOA with this filter at 4400 miles: LINK

But, alas
frown.gif
, I have quit using this filter because I have become convinced that it is very important to have the bypass valve in the threaded end and the LF697 has it in the bottom of the can.

quote:

....and it is the exact same element (synthetic media) down to the number stamp that donaldson sells ...

offtopic.gif

Dan, is that Donaldson the P169071 that uses Donaldson's Synteq media ?? (crosses with Baldwin B2HPG, Fleet LF3487)
That particular filter is definately not made by Donaldson, either. The base plate and centre tube are very different to what they produce in their own factory. At a guess, I'd say it as made by Champion.

Rick,

It is the synthetic cross over filter. I dont think donaldson makes it either. It looks suspiciously like the upf series.

And, yes P169071 is the right number.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back