Red Line or Royal Purple in Dodge 2500 Diffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strjock81, I know what you mean about fluids in different applications. I have to say that I think the difference between the pickup and the tractors is that the tractors were designed at the outset with pulling in mind. They also need MORE weight rather than less to get traction in the field. These days pickups are essentially designed as automobiles that might happen to tow sometimes. So many times their axles/running gear are ludicrously overstressed compared with those in a tractor. So, we have to apply "band-aids" to try to compensate (oil coolers or finned covers for the rear ends, 2,000-hour life spans instead of 20,000 hours, etc.).

Information is good and I don't get in cat-fights anymore. If 140 or 90 makes a person feel good about there equiptment that's what makes a difference. If 140 works better than 90 then 140 would make since. If synthetics work better than dino..thats the product to use. Data is also very helpful...on a different subject...look how Havoline dino consistantly shoots out great UOA's.

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:

The problem with gear-type diffs is that fluid weight and friction modifiers can affect the bias ratio. Thats something to consider if you're spinning tires in the slippery stuff often.

?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back