Red Line MT-90 in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napa or Bumper-to-Bumper should be able to get it.
I buy at JBs' but that might just be out west.
About $11 a jug.
doc

Well I called Redline and there are no dealers in my area. Closest one is in Mississauga Ontario. I wonder if Autozone in Niagara falls NY has it. I will pick it up there next time over the border. I get 90% of my car products in the USA any ways. Canada is becoming a bigger joke by the minute. You either can't get the product here (Mobil 1 oil filters) or you have to give your left nut to pay for them because they cost a fortune.

quote:

Originally posted by Test_Drive:
I've seen RedLine oils at Canuck Tire (and/or PartSource) around these parts, believe it or not.

Yeah but they don't sell the transmission fluid and they can't get it from Keystone because it's an oil and the ** of getting it over the border.

I've had no problems getting Redline products here...
dunno.gif

Try Tunerworks in Calgary. They've been in business for quite a few years and have an excellent reputation.

I've purchased quite a few items from them, including redline fluids. My guess is they'll sell you the MT-90 for around $10/L...which is what I paid for a litre of redline 75w-90, and for a litre of D4 ATF.

Unlike other online retailers they have had a storefront for many years and don't just exist in cyberspace.

http://www.tunerworks.com/

quote:

Originally posted by Anthony A:
Any Canadians know where to get this? Performance Improvements can order it for $28 a quart but that it crazy.

You haven't told us where you are, just indirectly told us that Mississauga isn't.

MOST indepedent mechanics I've ever spoken to can order Redline products, and most of them are around $12/qt. I had to get MTL in at a local shop recently.

Craig.

I'm in the Oakville area and Mantis Racing, Cross Ave Auto and various other places are "able" to get it. I know there are several bike shops and the like in Burlington as well, which is closer to you. When I lived in downtown Toronto, I used to have Redline shipped from Motorsports Technology (listed on their webpage) for good prices but I'm not 100% sure that they're around any more.

Perhaps see if you can find an independent european car shop anywhere in your area and ask. Even if it's not on the shelf they can often get it in a couple of days. In a PCA forum someone has mentioned Auguste Lecourt in St Catharines as a good Porsche mechanic. I think Penninsula Import on south service road in Oakville also carries specialty lubricants. When I posted in a local forum about such things, a shop owner said that there simply isn't enough demand in this area to keep inventory on the shelves and make money. "Everyone" tends to special order based on customer request.

Craig.

You know anyone just across the border? Order it from the place in PA for $7 a qt and have it shipped to the address in the US. Then drive and get it. I got 6 qts, shipped to SC, for $48.75.

You're looking at 3 qts ($21 + shipping) that way or $33 in Canada (or more). Would you spend more in fuel drivingto get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back