Best transmission fluid for 05 Jeep Wrangler 6 sp, NSC370?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated I'm looking for a replacement transmission fluid for my 6 speed (NSC370). I'm looking at the Amsoil MTF Synthetic Synchromesh Transmission Fluid (5W-30). The Jeep service manual states that I need to use a fluid that meets the MS-9224 spec. The Amsoil says it does. Any experience with this fluid in this application?

I use the Amsoil MTF in my 01 Jeep's NV3550 and it seems to shift better than the Mopar or Pennzoil juice.The other two mentioned fluids worked fine but the Amsoil was cheaper than the Mopar fluid and priced about the same as the dino Pennzoil so I gave it a try...works just a tad better than the other two at cold temps.Once the tranny is warm they all seem to be about the same in performance.The tranny shifts better now than when it was new by the way.

Greaser:
I own a Rubicon with the NV 3550 tranny. Changed the original fluid to RP Synchromax at 800 miles because it had "issues" with 1st.-2nd.(a common complaint with this trannys, NV 3550 and NSG 370). Big difference here, but still not satisfied with it,changed it to Amsoil MTF at 950 miles, and what a difference. I'm really delighted with this fluid, now it shifts like a new tranny should. I hope it helps.

Rubiconjeeper...The Amsoil fluid is what I'm sticking with.It's priced right and performs great in my NV3550.My tranny is miserable when it's cold and I get the 1st to second grind when it's cold.Once the thing gets warm it shifts like butter
rolleyes.gif
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back