Turkey Basters - $1.64 @ Wal-Mart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This exact same product was in $1 range at WM a couple years ago when I got one. Unless you're in WM for something else, stop by your local dollar store instead.

I stopped using the turkey baster method. The Type F ATF that goes in the PS system of my wife's Expedition caused the baster's rubber "ball" to swell. It swelled enough to prevent it from creating any suction.
mad.gif

In my frustration, I went to WM & got this 2-cycle oil mixer to use for PS fluid extraction.

-

As you can see in the pic, it is basically a syringe with a piece of straight plastic tubing that attaches to the end. It works flawlwssly for removing PS fluid & doesn't tend to "drip" fluid like the turkey baster did. No swelling, either, since this thing was made to be in contact with automotive fluids. Turkey basters were not.
nono.gif
wink.gif

It cost roughly $3 at WM, & is worth every bit of that, IMO.

What is the capacity of the syringe? Can't tell from the pic.

(good idea, btw)

dunno but I bought a turkey baster from the dollar tree and it works fine for $1. I make sure I rinse it out though afterward with some simple green and water solution. The syringe looked interesting but the turkey baster is faster when you are removing 16oz of fluid at a time
smile.gif

Capacity of the MixMizer is 2 ounces (60 CC).

The good thing about it is the "dipstick", or handle does NOT have a tendency to pop out when you suction fluid. It stays put at the end of it's stroke, when the syringe is full of fluid.

A good pump on the bigger shampoo or conditioner bottles rinsed and dried works better than a dripping baster and is no cost if you throw these away anyway.

quote:

A good pump on the bigger shampoo or conditioner bottles rinsed and dried works better than a dripping baster and is no cost if you throw these away anyway.

Super idea m2200b! The wife must have a gazillion hand cream bottles sitting around. I'm trying one of those pumps next time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back