Valvoline Durablend ATF meets a lot of specs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post from Valvoline seems to be about MaxLife, not Durablend.

I just tried to order Durablend, Napa told me it is discontinued, another Valvoline product is listed as its replacement, and that replacement wasn't the MaxLife.

Too bad. I really liked the Durablend. Here is my story:

93 Dodge Cummins with auto. VERY hard on tranny fluid. I've used Amsoil and Mobil 1 with so-so results. Burns fairly easily, and I BABY my truck. I pull hard, but I always shift manually when under load, never letting a shift happen under heavy throttle.

I've used regular Mobile ATF, no good at all. I used the Chrysler spec (I forget the number) from the Dodge dealer, easily the BEST of all the above for not burning up.

However, I used Valvoline Durablend ATF for the past year. Just changed it out. Couldn't believe my eyes. I pulled the plug (I installed a plug on my tranny pan as I change so often) and it came out looking perfectly clean, like brand spanking new! Looked perfect, smelled perfect. Nothing, not even the synthetics, came even close to this.

Too bad it is discontinued. Please bring Valvoline Durablend back!

The Valvolene Durablend here is gone. But, in its place is the Valvoline Mercon-V, which IMHO is better then the Maxlife.

What is the requirement for the Ford 500 sixspeed????

I was unimpressed with the Valvoline ATF and Maxlife ATF I used a while back. While no doubt the H-spec fluids would be better, mine was burnt smelling and brown after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back