Honda civic; plug washer size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I know this is kind of a noob anyone out there know offhand what size the crush washers are for the transmission plug bolts on a '99 Civic Hatchback?

Many thanks,

Greg

(I'd rather not have to remove 'em and walk to NAPA to discover they sold out of 'em that morning)

why not just go to honda to get new washers? just tell them the year and model and they should know

I think it is a 14mm aluminum washer, on the 17mm head plug. But as sxg says above, get them from your Honda dealer unless you have a free supply somewhere. Honda retail price is $.27 each, most dealers sell them for less.

I have noticed that some Hondas need them every OC else a little drip will form (though no real leak) -- my 1994 Civic is like that. Yet other Hondas (a friend's 1995 Odyssey, for example) never leak even though I never change the washer.

is this for a manual? or auto?

the auto drain plug washer size is 18mm, part# 90471-PX4-000. fill is thourhg the dipstick.

the manual fill plug washer is 20mm part# 94109-20000
the manual drain plug washer is the same as the engine oil drain plug, 14mm, part# 94109-14000

edit: this is the inner diameter.

they are all alum washers.

Thanks for the good info, all. I should've mentioned it's a manual trans (thought I did, for some reason....oops).

NAPA is a 10min walk from school so I can pop in there and grab washers while I'm on a break between classes. Also, I have a couple of other things I need to grab while I'm there.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back