Help with oil for 2003 XC70 2.5T manual stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have access only to Redline, then the 75W90NS with GL5 protection should be just fine.

BTW, most of our international orders get there in three weeks or less.

With the Katrina disaster, shipments have been taking a little longer within the US, but internationally, we have had shipments arrive within three weeks. Our shiiper has had good results pushing those orders through.

Thanks for your reply Molakule:)

Redline has also replyed on my email and they recommend 75W90 without NS.

Im a little bit confused right now what to use from Redline!

Is there a big difference between 75W90 and 75W90NS?????

OKQ8 here in Sweden a big retailer of gas and lubricants recommend theres syntetich 75W90LS GL5.

According to OKQ8 theres product code says bevelgear is calling for hypoid oil ??
OKQ8 thought it was strange that castrols oil didnt contain any LS additive. (LS = limited slip).

Redline told me that there is a difference in the gear pattern between a bevelgear and hypoid and therefore theres 75W90 would be the best choice.

I really need some help what to choose from Redline. Do you Molakule or someone else with the knowledge what to choose based on the info above.

Im sorry if im pain in the *** with all my questions but i want my bevelgear the best i can choose here in Sweden.

Since Volvo will do the job for me to exchange the oil they told me that they will turn the bevelgear uppside down to get all the old oil out. This was also rather important if i wish to choose another brand of oil.

It will be an expensive oil exchange since they need to remove the drive shaft and some other parts to get the bevelgear free so to speak.

This is why im so afraid putting the wrong oil in since the exchange is complicated and expensive.

I have asked them to check with headquarter to install an plugg in the bottom of the bevelgear.

The workshop didnt know the possibility to install an bottom plugg.

I think if an bottom plugg is installed in Usa it should also be installed in Sweden.

Thanks for taking your time with me:)

Just to give you an update and if anyone else is wondering what fluids to use to an XC70.

By help of Molacule i have ordered Specialty formulations fluids for:

Manual gear box MTL-P

Bevel gear MTL-R

Rear end final drive HDS-5

Im really looking forward to replace the OEM fluids.

Thanks Molacule for your job to determine what fluids i need to my Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD MY 2003.

Just to clarify, Redline MT90 is a 75w90 version of MTL for those who need something thicker than MTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back