Hand Pump For MT & Diff Filling???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched for awhile and couldn't find any reccomendations on a simple hand pump I can use to fill my MT and Diff after I drain them. I am using Redline Quart sized bottles and I have to believe there is a pump that will screw onto them and pump thru a hose into the MT and Diff. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!!

[email protected]

usually advance auto has them on the shelf near the gear oil. If you have to you can try a local marine /boating store and look for a "lower unit" hand pump. or worse come to worse, order the one from amsoil... its pricey if I remember correctly!

I use a rubber hose with funnel and fill from a higher ground, much cheaper and works great, except on my corolla it is the front differential (what are they thinking, separate diff fluid from Auto tranny for FWD
mad.gif
) and the filler is facing the rear, impossible to reach without jacking the car up.

Found a local mechanic that will do the labor for $15, problem solved.

I actually ordered the Amsoil pump thinking all quart bottles are created equally but quickly found that I was wrong as the redline is a small neck. I still have it and I could always just buy a QT of fluid and dump it and use that bottle I guess. Pain in the arse...

walmart has one, autozone has one....

they will screw right onto most 5-quart (or 1gallon) jugs with a "normal" sized opening/threads.

while you're at walmart... go over to the fish-tank supply section and find some clear plastic tubing- should be able to get about a 6 foot length of tubing this fits snugly over the pumps exit side. (~3/8" inner diameter?)..

then you can push the end of the tube into your destination fill hole... sit back and pump away while drinkin a beer.

Be careful with the little nozzle ends that come on those lube pump tubes. I had one come off in my transmission last week, and was only able to retrieve it by the grace of God and a good pair of needle nose pliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back