I put LC in my Auto and wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually this is my grandma's car, 2001 Toyota Solara. I bought it for her in November of 2000 and it used to shift so sweet. You could hardly feel the shifts. I drove it this week, it now has 44k miles and it shifted kinda ruff. I don't know if the dealer changed it when they did service at 30k miles but it feels great now. I dumped 6 oz of LubeControl in there and viola.

I doubt the dealer changed the trans fluid unless you requested it.
Are you saying LC instantly made your trans shift better? Or did it do it over a certain amount of driving?

LC does great in tranny's. I have seen many transmissions saved by just using LC.

I too had this same experience with LC in the tranny in my '97 Mercury Villager. The tranny had been shifting very hard (110,000mi) and I really wondered if it was going to go south. I added 6 oz LC and took it for a drive to see if it made any difference. HOLY COW what a difference! Within a few blocks it went from a abrupt shift from 1st to 2nd to a normal smooth shift. There must have been a buildup of varnish somewere in the valve body that wasn't allowing the proper flow of fluid during a shift. The LC must have dissolved the varnish, allowing the stuck valve to move freely. I'm sold on LC and FP.

Wayne

I just leave the LC in the tranny. I have always drained the tranny (4 qt) every 10,000 miles, so I just as 6oz LC to the fresh oil.

Wayne

The fluid looked a tad below the mark so all I did was dump 6oz down the dipstick hole and left the old fluid in there. It was practically instant. As soon as I pulled on to the street I nailed the gas and instantly felt the difference. Impressive to say the least. I know it sounds too good to be true but that's the way it went.

wwillson -
quote:

I just leave the LC in the tranny. I have always drained the tranny (4 qt) every 10,000 miles, so I just as 6oz LC to the fresh oil.

lcd -
quote:

LC does great in tranny's. I have seen many transmissions saved by just using LC.

lcd,

Is using 6 oz. of Lube Control in the transmission ok?

On the LAB report from the Lube Control website this is written:

'2.2.3 For automatic transmissions, 1.0 oz. or 30 cc for every 10,000 miles. Check ATF oil level while hot; do not overfill.'

I change my trans fluid every 10,000 miles to but only added 1 oz. of LC to the transmission.

Is Lube Control changing the dosage amount that can be added to the transmission?

Has Terry and Molakule confirmed this?

I want to make sure before changing the dosage amount for my transmission.

Thanks for your help icd.
cheers.gif

Odis has always recommended 4 ounces in the tranny every 10,000 miles (as the bottle says), but the report done by Molakule advised 1 ounce per 10,000 miles. This is very conservative. If you feel everything is ok and running well stick with a lower doseage. Just remember with LC and FP a little more should not hurt just do not over fill.

If the vechile does not have a serviceable filter then the fluid should be changed every 15,000-18,000 miles. If it has a serviveable filter the fluid and filter should be changed every 30,000-50,000 miles!

Best practice is to drain and refill the 3-4 quarts of fluid that come out every 15,000 miles. If it has a user serviceable filter get it changed as recomended! I have not seen a Toyota yet that did not have a factroy installed drain plug on the trany!

LC is good stuff in trany,ps and crankcase!

I wonder if there would be a big diff. in a newer car like my Mazda6 AT which i do drain+refills with Redline D4 every 5k. Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back