Total ATF H50235/Esso LT 71141

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the recommended AT fluids for my Chevy Aveo. I'd rather use a more readily available brand but am not knowledgable about cross-referencing.
Anyone here absolutely know for sure a good alternative?

welcome.gif
The Esso LT 71141 is the same in my BMW lifetime auto trans. It is very costly. Some posts a while back said that VW has the same for a better price.
dunno.gif
about any other replacement.

Try the quakerstate/pennzoil multivehicle atf.

Or, use any quality synthetic(like amsoil/redline/mobil1....) with a bottle of lubegard platinum or smartblend titanium.

For Esso LT 71141

If you go to Castrol Australian web site, go to Lube Reference Guide, they suggest my BMW 740i(with 5hp30 trans filled with Esso LT 71141) to use CASTROL TRANSMAX Z.

Also from this web, they quote

"Check transmission colour coded label for specific transmission lubricant recommendation. THMR1 transmission with Black or green sticker, use CASTROL TQ DEXRON III; 5HP-18 transmission with Black sticker, use CASTROL TQ DEXRON III; 5HP-18/24/30 with Green sticker, use CASTROL TRANSMAX Z; 5HP-30 with Black sticker, use Shell LA2634; GM4/5 transmissions with Green sticker, use ETL7045."
dunno.gif

[ November 21, 2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: hungdynasty ]

Two common replacement are Redlline-D4 ATF and Pennzoil or Quaker State "Multi-Vehicle ATF." Redline is synthetic and both Pennzoil and Quaker State are semi-synthetic. I've used both in my BMW with good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back