Lucas Transmission Fix Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, it won't make things worse.
The late 80's is when the Chrysler boys started switching from Dexron to ATF+ fluids.

Thats your choice to make.

There are no "betters" when trying to find a fluid fix for a failed/failing transmission.

quote:

Originally posted by Turbozombie:
On the dipstick it does say Dexron II for fluid type.

confused.gif

Chrysler ran into a bunch of trouble on their late 80's A604 transmissions because the dipstick and, as far as I can remember, the owner's manual said that Dexron II was the proper fluid type, when it was fully known that the only fluid type that should ever be used in the transmissions is ATF+3. They corrected this problem in 91 or 92 if I recall correctly. This problem apparently didn't affect the 3 speed automatics, but people have experimented and said either Dexron II or ATF+3 can be used in these.

I added it a while back into my tranny. I had one bottle in there for 500miles, then added another bottle and drove another 2000miles (of course I drain the same amount of as the amount of Lucas Transmission Fix I add in). It didn't do anything and didn't improve anything. Just a waste of money IMO.

So I replaced whatever's in my tranny with synthetic ATF and shifting was smoother, even after driving only for 10miles, I noticed the improvement. Its been 13,000 miles of driving since I replaced the fluid.

Lucas Transmission Fix was a waste of money for me.

We put it in my brothers 1993 Ford Explorers steering box and it worked overnight! He was loosing a lot of oil from his lower output seal. The seal kit goes for 36 bucks and another 120-150 CDN in labour so the 10 dollar ATF fix is worth it. It didn't fix his transmission leak which I repaired. It was a vacuum modulator that also goes for 36 bucks. In fact, the thermostat is also 36 bucks! FORD...hehehehe

I'm going to try and get him to replace the seals anyway. You need them to be in good enough condition to use the oil pressure to pop them out.

Cheers, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back