differential oil recommendations/requirements in 2003 Jeep 4WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a 2003 Jeep cherokee require special, as in mopar only, gear oil in the front or rear differentials, like for their auto trannies? Reason I ask, is gf's jeep just turned 10k miles. We do the oil changes on it, and figured it'd be a good idea to service the differentials now. I believe the drivetrain model is "trac-loc". According to the manual, there are a few different 4wd models you can get, and it was vague as to what was recommended. I figure it's nothing more than a limited-slip differential both front and rear, so a GL-5 75w90 oil with limited-slip additive will do. Anybody else have a Jeep than can comment? Thanks.

Hopefully I put this so it can be easily understood
grin.gif

In the trasnfer case you shoudl use Mopar ATF+4 unless you have The "NV247 Quadra-TracII" which is in the Grand Cherokee, then you should use Mopar Fluid P/N 05016796AA.

In the differential: Standard Cherokee=75w90 GL5. Grand Cherokee=80w90 GL5. UNLESS you have the Quadra Drive or Vari-Lok or tow packages then use Syntehtic 75w-140 GL5 with a Mopar "Trac-Loc" additive.

lol.gif
Confusing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back